Cork in the 1980's

Definitly Played them in bishopstown as I remember the Chelsea fans were a bit mouthy . I don't remember them out in the cross but it's possible as I went off going to friendlies for a few years.
Yup, 1 Chelsea fan was draped in a Union Jack and was giving the City fans the wanker sign from the side of the pitch.
City lost 2-1.That was at Bishopstown alright. I don't remember Chelsea playing City at Turners Cross either.
Game at Bishopstown was July 25th 1992.

See previous page for video highlights of the wonderfully gerry mccabe setting up second goal.

Brilliant clip ta for that. I knew it was Musgrave Park. And that McCabe played his part. I remember getting a slagging from a few pals over CCFC beating Celtic. Shades of things to come for Celtic under Brady 😞

Though it was a great touch from Celtic FC to give CCFC a much needed fund raising match in Turners Cross in 2009

I remember going to Chelsea game bt I thought it was TC ? Maybe that was a different game and can’t remember anything about that accident. I’m definitely losing memory . I remember the Chelsea game and think Elliot centre half was Chelsea captain as only thing I remember from game was he going ballistic after a bad tackle on a Chelsea player but it was definitely TC not sure what year .
Elliott played in the July 1992 game at Bishopstown.
Dean Saunders ended his career September 1992 so the Bishopstown game was the Chelsea game you were at. That was the only time they came to Cork.

Yup, 1 Chelsea fan was draped in a Union Jack and was giving the City fans the wanker sign from the side of the pitch.
City lost 2-1.That was at Bishopstown alright. I don't remember Chelsea playing City at Turners Cross either.
Game at Bishopstown was July 25th 1992.
Bit of trouble outside as well and a few punches thrown in the esb club after the game. It Was the only pre season game I ever remember any hostilities tbh.

Bit of trouble outside as well and a few punches thrown in the esb club after the game. It Was the only pre season game I ever remember any hostilities tbh.

Seem to remember there was a bit of angst between Man U and LUFC supporters at a game out in Musgrave Park with the "Man U, Man U up in an aeroplane" chant 😞 back in the day.

Still remember when Cormac Cotter (Bring on the plank) tried to make a name for himself by kicking Mark Hughes. The Man U players were NOT happy :cool:

God, really ya.
Was a smallish crowd at it.
Shocked there were punches thrown.
Great indoor pitch at that esb sportsco actually.

Elliott played in the July 1992 game at Bishopstown.
Dean Saunders ended his career September 1992 so the Bishopstown game was the Chelsea game you were at. That was the only time they came to Cork.
I could have sworn that was TC even though I was at a good few games in Bishopstown while it lasted .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼