Cork in the 1980's

And he was an Irish international too. Did that really happen?

I remember English teams coming over every year in the 80's. Liverpool in 85. I remember Everton too. Think they beat Cork City 2-0. Man United too. Also Leeds Utd maybe the year after.

Would never happen now. Money rules.
🤔
Liverpool in summer 1986. Manager Dalglish grumpy and rude to people.
United in August 1990 as part of the Brian Carey transfer deal iirc.
Was it Man City or WBA that came to Cobh in the late 1980s? Keano playing for Ramblers at the time.

🤔
Liverpool in summer 1986. Manager Dalglish grumpy and rude to people.
United in August 1990 as part of the Brian Carey transfer deal iirc.
Was it Man City or WBA that came to Cobh in the late 1980s? Keano playing for Ramblers at the time.
Nottm Forest played Cobh. Won 5-2. Keane put in a great shift for Cobh and its where he first got noticed by Forest.Would have been around 1990 i think. May not have been Forest they were playing actually. My mind may be playing tricks on me. But i do recall them playing a 1st division english team and score being 5-2.

Nottm Forest played Cobh. Won 5-2. Keane put in a great shift for Cobh and its where he first got noticed by Forest.Would have been around 1990 i think. May not have been Forest they were playing actually. My mind may be playing tricks on me. But i do recall them playing a 1st division english team and score being 5-2.
Was at that. Everyone there to see Keane. Highlight of my evening was bumping into the late, great Philip Chevron who was there in a Forest tracksuit. The old man bought him a G&T in the bar after while I berated him about the change in direction from If I Should Fall From Grace to Peace & Love. Got his autograph on the inside of my denim jacket.

My old neighbor Jason Lynch now a detective seargent few other lads from the same park were decent players Damian Martin Alan o Sullivan and Paul McCarthy rip

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼