Cork in the 1980's

Im 36 and even at this age cant really remember how the 80's in Cork really was. That decade took me from the age 5 until the age 15.

Any older heads here who can tell stories about how Cork was like in the 1980's?

stand out events in my head...
Cork 800 milk bottles
Ireland v Spain at Flower Lodge
a very different English market
getting circumcised :)
mostly latter half of 80s in Cork

mtv usa with vincent hanley.
burning embers.
buck rodgers and battlestar gallactica in black and white in the grandparents on a sunday.
fota.
fishing for mack and pollock with feathers.
quanes toy shop.
goulash.
winos.

The holy hour in the bars of Cork. I remember being with a Danish in-law in some pub on Parnell place and being locked in for the hour. He couldn't understand it but was quite happy to be locked in.

I was born on a sunny summer's day in '89 at the Bons. Having only lived through six months of the said decade, I really can't say much. Happy Christmas.

Furstenberg. The original Bodega. Roller Disco in the Arcadia. Lark by the Lee. Cocos and the Pitz. Joe Macs and the Queens Old Castle. Mary Roses and Burgerland. Spyders and Kenny Lee. Bowie suits. Wine bars - Sqiires, Sables,. Cafe de Paris and Good Time Charlies. Siamsa.cois Lee. Mel Nolan breaking landspeed records out the straight road. Tin Pan Louis and Golden discs. The Pavillion Cinema and Restaraunt. Old Merchants Quay with Mangans Jewellers, the Underground and Roches Stores carpark.

Era l could do this ad nauseum.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Cooper Clarke
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼