• Loftholdingswood

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Town to town

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I have no idea wtf you are asking me

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MICRODISNEY: THE FIRST COMPILATION OUT NOW!

MICRODISNEY: Daunt Square To Elsewhere: Anthology 1982-88

(Castle / Santuary / CMEDD1568)

Microdisney are a seminal Irish band. Formed in Cork by Cathal Coughlan and Sean O'Hagan, they went onto create some of the most important recordings in Irish rock music.

Like many bands, who may otherwise have gone unrecognised, they were given a wider audience by BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel. They recorded for Kabuki, Rough Trade and Virgin records. Albums included the early compilation 'We Hate You South African Bastards! '(later renamed 'Love Your Enemies'), 'Everybody Is Fantastic' and 'The Clock Comes Down The Stairs'. After signing to Virgin they released two albums 'Crooked Mile' and '39 Minutes'. Their second single, 1983’s 'Pink Skinned Man' is a superb indie record, produced by Dave Feeley. They began recording in Cork, producing a muted atmospheric sound. After their initial Peel sessions and meeting with John Porter (also of the Smiths) their sound became more commercial and chart orientated. 'Town to Town' (1985) was a fine rock-along sing-song but Microdisney’s 1987 single 'Singer’s Hampstead Home' is often described as an attack on Boy George (of Culture Club fame). This is the first compilation from one of the earth's best post punk bands.

Disc 1
Hello Rascals / Pink Skinned Man / Dolly/ A Few Kisses / Dreaming Drains / I'll Be A Gentleman / Sun / Liberal Love / Everybody Is Dead / Patrick Moore Says You Can't Sleep Here / Michael Murphy / Love Your Enemies / 464 Loftholdingswood

Disc 2
Past / Birthday Girl / Horse Overboard / Begging Bowl / And / Are You Happy / Town To Town / Big Sleeping House / Rack / Mrs Simpson / Give Me All Of Your Clothes / Singer's Hampstead Home / United Colours / Gale Force Wind

=====

MICRODISNEY: THE FIRST COMPILATION OUT NOW!

MICRODISNEY: Daunt Square To Elsewhere: Anthology 1982-88

(Castle / Santuary / CMEDD1568)

Microdisney are a seminal Irish band. Formed in Cork by Cathal Coughlan and Sean O'Hagan, they went onto create some of the most important recordings in Irish rock music.

Like many bands, who may otherwise have gone unrecognised, they were given a wider audience by BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel. They recorded for Kabuki, Rough Trade and Virgin records. Albums included the early compilation 'We Hate You South African Bastards! '(later renamed 'Love Your Enemies'), 'Everybody Is Fantastic' and 'The Clock Comes Down The Stairs'. After signing to Virgin they released two albums 'Crooked Mile' and '39 Minutes'. Their second single, 1983’s 'Pink Skinned Man' is a superb indie record, produced by Dave Feeley. They began recording in Cork, producing a muted atmospheric sound. After their initial Peel sessions and meeting with John Porter (also of the Smiths) their sound became more commercial and chart orientated. 'Town to Town' (1985) was a fine rock-along sing-song but Microdisney’s 1987 single 'Singer’s Hampstead Home' is often described as an attack on Boy George (of Culture Club fame). This is the first compilation from one of the earth's best post punk bands.

Disc 1
Hello Rascals / Pink Skinned Man / Dolly/ A Few Kisses / Dreaming Drains / I'll Be A Gentleman / Sun / Liberal Love / Everybody Is Dead / Patrick Moore Says You Can't Sleep Here / Michael Murphy / Love Your Enemies / 464 Loftholdingswood

Disc 2
Past / Birthday Girl / Horse Overboard / Begging Bowl / And / Are You Happy / Town To Town / Big Sleeping House / Rack / Mrs Simpson / Give Me All Of Your Clothes / Singer's Hampstead Home / United Colours / Gale Force Wind

=====

Great stuff

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼