Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Town to town

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I have no idea wtf you are asking me

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gingy said:
Does nobody like Singer's Hampstead Home?????
Come on like!!!

Yeah, it's a funny song.

On reflection, I think 'And' is my favourite song of theirs now.

Lyrically at least, I think Cathal's solo stuff is by far his best work.

just in case anyone on this thread missed the nunattax and five go down to the sea threads, worth checking out www.getthatmonsteroffthestage.com

there's an audio doc on there about finbarr donnelly downloadable for free (about 48 minutes long). he was the singer with cork bands nunattax and five go down to the sea (sadly died in 1989) and listening to their material tells a lot about cathal coughlan's influences in terms of microdisney, but especially fatima mansions.

well worth a listen.

and town to town will do for the vote, if only for the line
"fry dublin"

new project from s.o.h.

Here Comes The Rattling Trees
Tristan Bates Theatre from October 20th-25th 2014 - Doors 7.30pm
‘Here Come the Rattling Trees’ is a 70-minute musical performance with narrative set in Peckham Square. It incorporates a new set of songs and music written by Sean O'Hagan and performed by The High Llamas, with narrative enacted by two actors. The piece is inspired by stories and events from the band’s Peckham home.
The local leisure centre Peckham Leisure is to be brought into private ownership. Amy, a temp , is leafleting passers by hoping to invite a response to these changes but instead encounters unique personal stories from 5 characters which in turn cause Amy to reflect on her own story and memories of childhood.
Music is central to the piece that features seven new songs written by Sean O’Hagan and performed by the High Llamas. The band are onstage throughout and the songs offer us a commentary on each characters story . The story telling is underscored by the band .
Sean has frequently focused on architecture, the urban environment and local history in his lyrics, and here he uses songs to storyboard a selection of events and experiences gathered over his time in Peckham, his home for 30 years.
Cast: Richard Heap, Ray Newe, Jenny Glogan.
Musicians: Sean O'Hagan, Marcus Holdaway, Pete Aves, Jon Fell.

www.highllamas.com

http://tristanbatestheatre.co.uk/whats-on/here-come-the-rattling-trees

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼