Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Imagine having this prick as head of state:

Thanks but no thanks. I'd be voting (and probably campaigning) against Ireland joining the Commonwealth, but if sufficient numbers wanted it put to a vote, then I'd have no problem with it being voted on. And if sufficient numbers then voted in favour of it then we'd have to accept it, unpalatable and all as it would be. Could never see it being voted for mind.

Thanks but no thanks. I'd be voting (and probably campaigning) against Ireland joining the Commonwealth, but if sufficient numbers wanted it put to a vote, then I'd have no problem with it being voted on. And if sufficient numbers then voted in favour of it then we'd have to accept it, unpalatable and all as it would be. Could never see it being voted for mind.
Now that might be a predicament

So for a UI your shower want the 6 counties?

At what cost ?

Change the National Anthem
Change the Flag
And join the Commonwealth

Personally I don't ever want the North as part of this country but for the reasons above, I cannot see too many here voting for it either

Now that might be a predicament

So for a UI your shower want the 6 counties?

At what cost ?

Change the National Anthem
Change the Flag
And join the Commonwealth

Personally I don't ever want the North as part of this country but for the reasons above, I cannot see too many here voting for it either

The National Anthem is a moot point without the entire nation, ditto the flag. They can certainly be up for discussion imho.

NOBODY suggested joining the Commonwealth would be a precondition of reunification. I wouldn't be averse to there being a vote on it, there'll be discussions and votes on a number of things post reunification one suspects. But certainly wouldn't see joining the "Common"wealth as an acceptable precondition.

I think you're wrong about not seeing too many here voting for reunification.

The National Anthem is a moot point without the entire nation, ditto the flag. They can certainly be up for discussion imho.

NOBODY suggested joining the Commonwealth would be a precondition of reunification. I wouldn't be averse to there being a vote on it, there'll be discussions and votes on a number of things post reunification one suspects. But certainly wouldn't see joining the "Common"wealth as an acceptable precondition.

Well let's see what the price is so after the negotiations.

People down here would vote for reunification but on a basis of no change of flag or anthem,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders!

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼