Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Enlighten me. IF (and I would see that as a huge if) the citizens of a 32 county Ireland voted in majority to rejoin the Commonwealth what is the "obvious reason" we shouldn't rejoin?
Oath of allegiance I assume.
Not sure if it's still a requirement though.

That's why I could never see it passing a vote in a 32 county Ireland, but hey, if it did then we surely would have to abide by the majority decision.
If the majority decided to discriminate against an ethnic minority would you agree to abide by the decision.

One of the reasons we have politicians is to stop knee jerk populist actions.

That if course is what we'll deserve if SF get in, but don't forget the safety net of the Civil Service who really run the country, whose role it is, is to stop knee jerk populist actions by populist politicians

If the majority decided to discriminate against an ethnic minority would you agree to abide by the decision.

One of the reasons we have politicians is to stop knee jerk populist actions.

That if course is what we'll deserve if SF get in, but don't forget the safety net of the Civil Service who really run the country, whose role it is, is to stop knee jerk populist actions by populist politicians

Let me understand you here, you think that even the suggestion that Ireland would rejoin the Commonwealth if the majority of her citizens vote in favour of doing so, not only should not see the light of day, but is akin to a suggestion to discriminate against an ethnic minority???

Have you been swallowing epoxy or something?

The democratic wishes of the people as expressed through the ballot box are what have guided this country on its way into the 21st Century. You can't cherrypick just because you mightn't like some of the majority decisions.

Imagine having this prick as head of state:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Off Beats

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼