Official Cycling Thread

Healy won the national champs. One thing is for sure, we'll see the Irish national jersey to the fore in the peloton. Can't wait.

I watched the first episode of Unchained on Netflix and some of the accidents are brutal particularly when the descriptions are from the cyclists themselves. RIP that man. :(
Three episodes in. Pretty good. Much Better than I was expecting after watching the golf series. The Voice overs are little over the top.

Three episodes in. Pretty good. Much Better than I was expecting after watching the golf series. The Voice overs are little over the top.
Finished it over the weekend.
Agree it's pretty good.

One of the things I liked was the way it showed the personal side of the riders, stuff you never see normally.
Even Wout has doubts betimes, whoda thunk it.
Pinot came across as a lovely chap IMHO, among others.

Agreed on the voice over, less annoying than the fake radio in Drive to Survive but theres something about the way it still tries to pretend it's live which grates. I get why they do it, I just think a proper narrator would work better. A bit like the America's Game series about NFL seasons.

Pidcott's descent was madness

Finished it over the weekend.
Agree it's pretty good.

One of the things I liked was the way it showed the personal side of the riders, stuff you never see normally.
Even Wout has doubts betimes, whoda thunk it.
Pinot came across as a lovely chap IMHO, among others.
X2 on pinot. Never realised the huge French pressure put on him or the farming.

and they're off, no prologue- full hilly stage today in Euskadi, should be finishing around 4.30pm, live on Eurosport
edit- just approaching Guernica now

just heard the comentators say that given the nature of today's stage, there's a chance that one of the GC riders will take it and then there's also a chance that he will have the yellow allt he way to Paris which hasnt happened since 1935 apparently

Fuckin clowns all over the road cheering them on. I thought theyd banned that years ago? They’re practically on top of the riders waving flags in their faces. Barely space for the riders to make it through. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Toucan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼