Official Cycling Thread

Anyone know why Van Der Poel gets such shit from the fans

I saw Orla Chennuai saying that someone throw a hat at his back wheel when he was attacking for home in Roubaix.

Somebody Gif'd it here

And he got in trouble for spitting at fans at a cyclocross event. Apparently they had been throwing plastic glasses full of piss at him.

Is it because he's dutch and grew up in Belgium? or something else?

Pog wins LBL. Bardet 2nd, Van der Poel 3rd.
Watched some of it. Pog on another level. Ben Healy the only fooker who tried to make a game of it. He's way too generous in breakaways and attacks. Bardet played him like a fiddle. And MvdP didn't do much either. Crafty though.

Watched some of it. Pog on another level. Ben Healy the only fooker who tried to make a game of it. He's way too generous in breakaways and attacks. Bardet played him like a fiddle. And MvdP didn't do much either. Crafty though.
Agreed on Healy, he has bags of ability but he gives too many lads a free ride because he so keen to attack. Bit more sandbagging, particularly in the classics where it's all about having a much as possible at the end, and he'd have a chance.

The 24/25 Cyclocross Calender was released this week and Dublin is still on there for 01/12/2024 in Abbotstown

Bloody great news. It was the most enjoyable sporting day out i had last year by a long shot.

They are after consolidating the world cup racing calander so its down to 12 races from 14 and the slot is crappy enough so I'd say the chances of seeing Wout, Mattieu DVP or Tom Pidcock are close to zero because they will all be doing base miles prior to the road training camps in 2nd week of Dec, but the cyclocross fields will be strong with Eli Iseryet, Pim RonHaar, Thibo Nys etc. because its on a UCI protected weekend. No super prestiege or XO trophy races to keep the riders in Belgium.

Very poor crowds last year was the only problem. i really couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Last edited:
BBC continuing to big up Geraint Thomas as a credible threat to Pog in the Giro.

Lolwut

(Now that I've dismissed him, watch Thomas dominate the next three weeks 😜)

Eddie D has had an injury-affected Spring. I wonder can he ride into fitness and threaten the top 10?

BBC continuing to big up Geraint Thomas as a credible threat to Pog in the Giro.

Lolwut

(Now that I've dismissed him, watch Thomas dominate the next three weeks 😜)

Eddie D has had an injury-affected Spring. I wonder can he ride into fitness and threaten the top 10?
He'll struggle to affect the GC if he's not on form. First mountain finish tomorrow!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Michelle Wolf + Marnie Manning + Kyla Cobbler
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Dmac Burns

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼