Florence & The Machine for Cork ??

Florence and the Machine does not a reason to throwdown gauntlet make.

I wasn't citing them as the reason for the gauntlet down to throwed be. Or whatever :D

I was just saying that along with the Editors, Modest Mouse and Mos Def stuff on the forum, now could be the Savoy's chance to show their intent. I should have made it clearer to be fair.

It'll more than likely be Aslan rocking the gaff... :rolleyes:

I wasn't citing them as the reason for the gauntlet down to throwed be. Or whatever :D

I was just saying that along with the Editors, Modest Mouse and Mos Def stuff on the forum, now could be the Savoy's chance to show their intent. I should have made it clearer to be fair.

It'll more than likely be Aslan rocking the gaff... :rolleyes:

As an aside, I'm not sure whether I love or absolutely despise Papillon.

As an aside, I'm not sure whether I love or absolutely despise Papillon.

Me either, I've only heard it 4 or 5 times, it has me in two minds. I ordered the CD but it hasn't arrived yet. So I've only heard the MTV2 cut of it.

EDIT: It hasn't arrived because it hasn't been released yet. D'oh!

It was leaked online but I'll wait.

Last edited:
It all depends on what you classify as a "decent band" really i suppose

Absolutely agree and I know in these threads typically there will be people who think we are getting all the good bands that they like.... just speaking from my point of view here which is probably a bit "mainstream".

Me either, I've only heard it 4 or 5 times, it has me in two minds. I ordered the CD but it hasn't arrived yet. So I've only heard the MTV2 cut of it.

EDIT: It hasn't arrived because it hasn't been released yet. D'oh!

It was leaked online but I'll wait.

You're a better man than me.

It all depends on what you classify as a "decent band" really i suppose

Killarney have been getting fairly decent acts of late, Ian Brown, Morrisey et al. I have no idea about the workings of it so I'll leave it at that.

At least we're unlikely to see 'an evening with the Priests' in the Pav.

We are unlikely to see that, Stevie?

Absolutely agree and I know in these threads typically there will be people who think we are getting all the good bands that they like.... just speaking from my point of view here which is probably a bit "mainstream".

Ya the INEC in particular is a nice size venue

It would be hard to get the likes of Ian Brown in Cork although the Savoy would have a closer capacity than what is around at the minute

Florence and the Machine would be do-able too but MCD haven't done much big gigs in Cork over the last 15 years

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼