Florence & The Machine for Cork ??

I dunno, I love Bats for Lashes, but when Florence and the Machine are at their best they go far beyond Bats. It sounds a little more passionate to me. Besides two cack tracks on the album, it is totally incredible so I dont think she is over rated. Shes takes alot from the book of bush but is still a billion times more exhilarating that any of the other female sensations out there.

Yes Florence and the Machine WILL be playing Cork,but I'm not at liberty to say when or where.
No Modest Mouse Won't be playing Cork because the promoter couldn't find a venue big/professional enough.

It can only be one date really. (And I can have a fair guess where)
Would be good if it's true...

Sat 5th December seems the most likely date if this speculation is true. Playing Belfast on the 6th, Dublin on the 7th. Touring UK from 9th onwards. Savoy would be the most likely venue if so (I'm purely speculating here).

Wouldn't really rule out an independent festival booking for as far away as next summer mind. Hmmmmm.

Yes Florence and the Machine WILL be playing Cork,but I'm not at liberty to say when or where.
No Modest Mouse Won't be playing Cork because the promoter couldn't find a venue big/professional enough.

Well I am at liberty to say that the date is definitely Saturday December 5th at Cork Opera House. What I also heard is that the deal is not yet sealed and signed, but that should be happening in the coming weeks. If it turns out that Florence cannot be accomadated (for whatever reason)a band of equivalent profile will be there instead.

Well I am at liberty to say that the date is definitely Saturday December 5th at Cork Opera House. What I also heard is that the deal is not yet sealed and signed, but that should be happening in the coming weeks. If it turns out that Florence cannot be accomadated (for whatever reason)a band of equivalent profile will be there instead.

Sound system in The Opera House is class from past experiences, so this is good news. Whilst not a huge fan, would attend this, if confirmed.

Mind you, I would actually nearly take a lucky dip swop now for "a band of equivalent profile" given the power to do so.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼