Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unfortunately I won’t be able to head to Limerick tomorrow. Absolutely gutted. Safe travels to all heading up. Will be a great day no doubt. I’m a nervous wreck already. Best of luck to Pat and all the players. Rebels Abú!

That is some silly post, I don’t think I have ever seen player back down in similar situations at any level let alone IC. What do you think our players are doing, turning their backs and walking away? Jez some lads here have a very bad impression of our team, the might not be the most physical but they would never bow down in a situation like above
Silly it may well be, but I'm not sure we're on the same page re the definition of 'backing down.' To my mind, you just saw Hayes backing down. Talking guff one minute, then breaking eye contact and walking away, leaving Tynan holding the same ground.

Again, it may look like a small thing, it might even be a 'silly' thing, but body language is essential to how we are perceived by others. Backing down doesn't mean running away in tears. It can mean dropping your eyes to the ground and skulking away. When somebody sees you've done that, they've gained the upper hand. If Hayes did what he did here around a dog that challenged him, he would probably be bitten!

I remember Harnedy being bullied by Gleeson a number of times and doing nothing about it. Daniel Kearney was shoved by a Clare mentor in 2019 and we did fk all about it. This can’t be accepted anymore.

Silly it may well be, but I'm not sure we're on the same page re the definition of 'backing down.' To my mind, you just saw Hayes backing down. Talking guff one minute, then breaking eye contact and walking away, leaving Tynan holding the same ground.

Again, it may look like a small thing, it might even be a 'silly' thing, but body language is essential to how we are perceived by others. Backing down doesn't mean running away in tears. It can mean dropping your eyes to the ground and skulking away. When somebody sees you've done that, they've gained the upper hand. If Hayes did what he did here around a dog that challenged him, he would probably be bitten!
Ah stop will yeah, these interactions happen constantly in games, if you think that was either player backing down, I'm very worried for you. These things go on for mere seconds and they move on😂

Last edited:
Sean O’Leary Hayes, Sam Quirke and Cormac Beausang all played for Midleton in the Hurling League tonight. Suspect we won’t see either of these play with Cork again this year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼