Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Look at that team from 99-06. Absolute workhorses in the half forward line. Timmy McCarthy used to get desperate grief but him and Niall Mc were vital in preventing opposition half backs from having too much of an impact. We don’t have those type of players anymore.
Spot on, the two macs were absolute war horses, Joe Deane once said that he gets the plaudits form his tally from placed balls but he said
it was the two macs who were winning those frees,

Look at that team from 99-06. Absolute workhorses in the half forward line. Timmy McCarthy used to get desperate grief but him and Niall Mc were vital in preventing opposition half backs from having too much of an impact. We don’t have those type of players anymore.
I’m only saying but according to a popular forum on here about a current player from another county some of the lads should not have played for Cork in the past, due to off the field discretions. People need to be conscious of the standards some on here now hold county players to before contradicting themselves and praising our hero’s of the past.

☝️ Here we have a fella arguing that the demise of Cork hurling is my narrative.!!
The famine doesn’t exist, everything is absolutely fine. We are Cork. Pure Corkness. 😂😂
No. You’re arguing that everything is shit. I’ve not said anything at all about the general state of Cork hurling. I’m only commenting on the games I’m watching & so far at senior championship level we’ve had one poor performance (against an average side) and one decent one (against a really good side).
I believe we could be doing better if our tactical approach (e.g. no defensive midfielders) and player selection (e.g. bringing on Luke Meade, starting Lehane in Waterford) was a little sharper, and that in a competition of such fine margins that’s the difference between being on zero points and 2 or 4 points right now.

You’re also saying that the current Clare side is an average Clare team so you’ve a bit of a negative slant on things in general.

I think it's more a point that some players here get hauled over the coals and vilified to the high heavens and others can't be criticised. It's happening here for years, posters have their favourites and won't have a bad word said about them if they play poorly. I doubt any poster here revels in a Cork player playing badly.

Surely that’s GAA in a nutshell though. Every player out there wearing the jersey is a club man, friend, family member or whatever to a lot of people.. so they are going to be backed to the hilt by some. So be it, take it for what it is, at least its positive. I must say I particularly enjoyed Hoggies performance at the weekend having seen some of the below the belt stuff posted on here about him over the last week. People are entitled to their opinion, and those who felt he shouldn't have started were entitled to theirs, and to express it... but its how its put out there.

Joyce didn't get an 'absolute roasting' last weekend, so why state that he did? He had a decent day, against 2 of the best forwards in the country. He made some mistakes, and gave some scores up.. but who wouldn't against Rodgers and Reidy? To contain both of them to little or nothing is something very few defenders anywhere can do, and rarely at his age.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Old No.7

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼