Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Looking at the "Luke Meade goal" this morning. He actually slowed up his running (if that's possible) just before Fitzgerald cut inside. If he actually kept going he would've got the block or hook in. As it was he was inches away from it, but if he didn't stop he would've got it.
It looked awful from where I was watching in the North stand. Either Luke Meade is very one paced or he didn't fancy putting in the really hard yards.

I think we need to be careful about over reactions on the day after a defeat, but I do think we need to look at the reasons for defeat. A half hearted attempt to chase back is unacceptable from any player around the middle of the pitch. At least TOC and Brian Roche run themselves into the ground when they play.

On a positive note, although I don't feel positive today there are a lot of good players on that team already that can compete with anyone.

Niall O Leary responded to being dropped by having a really good game, I can only remember one error all day.
Eoin Downey is at home at this level and will get better and better. I thought Millerick was unlucky to lose his place and is an option on the wing or corner.
Shane Kingston last year was the pick of the under 20 defenders, is strong and physical and surely should be somewhere around the panel, Mullins also could be a hardworking option at wing back or in midfield.
We defend as a unit and until that unit is solid we will continue to ship scores, Joyce is trying to put out fires all across the backs , when he is able to focus on his role at 6 then we will see how good he is.

Ethan Twomey had a very decent outing after the first minute tackle which flattened him.

Barrett, Connolly are already really good inter county players, Power, Cunningham and Healy should be there next year and Sean Twomey should not be forgotten either because of a poor showing in what a poor performance from the whole team. I am not discounting older players just commenting on the younger lads moreso.

Last time I’ll try,
Underage success is not a reliable predictor of a young players ability at adult level. A sporting fact.
The 2 U21s won by Limerick in 15 and 17 were back boned by the guys who were already (yes already) playing senior hurling for Limerick. So, unless unless we are time traveling those U21s do not contradict sporting facts, as was suggested.

As for Cork. In my own time underage wins meant the conveyor was moving along nicely and the focus was always on improving a fella so he could play senior.
That conveyor from underage to adult simply doesn’t exist anymore. Three of our best U21s in recent years aren’t even on the Cork senior panel yesterday.
Cork underage teams are built by rebel og coaches with different parameters and agenda nowadays.
One young lad made the Cork minors from my own club a 5/6 years ago. I was stunned as I hadn’t heard much about him and he wouldn’t have been on my radar after going to lots of club matches. My own brother was his coach for 4 years and when I asked him his response was, I’m as surprised as you, he will never make the club senior team. 6 years later he still hasn’t made the club senior team but has had a successful rebel og career.
Something ain’t right there.
That's minor, not u21
Different animals.

To draw the contact? Ah okay, try watching the video and stop making a tit of yourself.
I have watched the video and the video shows O Donnell running across O Donoghue. Yes O Donoghue sticks out the shoulder to hit O Donnell and rightly gets the 2nd yellow. But do you really think O Donnell runs across O Donoghue and doesn’t anticipate that O Donoghue will try to stop a forward from trying to close down on the keeper?

Where did I say he should have stayed on his feet? Obviously taking a hit like that you’ll end up on the floor. But my overall point which you have consistently avoided is the fact that O Donnell took advantage of O Donoghues rashness to draw the contact.
Agreed. O Donnell expertly made a total fool of SOD. Saw what SOD was going to do and he ODonnell put a cherry on it. That will hurt SOD too

Off topic for a match @ 2pm opening the pubs @ 12.30 pm as ridiculous and thats from a non drinker.Longboats opened at 12 o clock but the venue was still closed as i passed about 12.25.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼