Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Happy enough with the team, Pat Ryan talking during the week about the need to score points from the half back line, we have 3 good accurate strikers of the ball in there for Sunday, also depending on waterfords sweeper system we will possibly see GM move to the wing to free up Coleman as our sweeper
Great bench,
I have yet to get over 2022 and now we are right back there 🙄

Will Sean Twomey move out to wing and have harnedy in full forward , Lehane was taking off in Croke Park when we lost to Kilkenny in John Meyler time , I cant understand how how hes starting center forward.Maybe he wont start there but just dont think he does enough in that position. Please god he has a stormer as ive time for for him as a hurler.
It will surely be Sean and Seanus on the wings with Barrett buzzing around, Hoggy and Connolly inside

I have yet to get over 2022 and now we are right back there 🙄
Maybe sweeper is the incorrect term as I don't see him sweeping so much behind our half back line predominantly, more of a free role across the 40 pushing forward where possible,
Jesus, the nerves are kicking in now that we have the team, can't wait

I'm happy with that team. Delighted to see Twomey starting, wasn't sure if he was fully fit or not. Eoin Downey unlucky, Coleman starting pushed Mellerick to the corner otherwise I'm sure ED would be at no.2
People complaining about Lehane starting can't have watched the league, he was outstanding in the games he played. I'd say himself and Connolly were first forwards penciled in to start.

I'm not mad about the team but I can't say I'm surprised either.

Pat Ryan was at pains to point out the league was irrelevant to him so who played well etc I think was always going to be superceded by recent form in training / internal or challenge games etc. I don't agree entirely with that but I'm not surprised as I said above.

I'm very disappointed to see Eoin Downey not starting as I like the aggression amd high fielding he brings and while I've no problem with any of Harnedy, Lehane or Hoggie starting individually, all three together is worrying me.

The bench is very strong and we'll need it big time unless Waterford have one of their bad days like last year. Deccy a big loss to the 26. Himself, Ben Cunningham and hopefully Paudie Power will further strengthen our options going forward.

I don’t agree with that at all, all 3 have done reasonably well in the league, nothing spectacular but ok, now is the time to turn it on.

2 of our best starting fowards are not playing on Sunday either in Robbie and Deccie and another one, Fitzy, is midfield

I think things will change as the games go on
The 3 of them altogether scored 1-15 (from play) throughout the entire league, we scored a total of 11-67 (from play) throughout the league. Is that “reasonably good” for you?

there’s still undropable players in cork and it’s infuriating to see them get picked year in year out, at this stage they’re getting picked on name and previous YEARS performances. I’ve said it before but if the 3 OAP’s were youngfellas in their first year on the panel and showed the performances they have been over the league they’d be booted off fcuking panel by now!
Well the next time the job comes up, you should go for it, you have my full support. 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼