Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I really don't have a problem with Lehane starting, but when he is not performing it is usually pretty obvious after 15/20 minutes, Ryan must be prepared to make the early call. Kept him on against Galway a couple of years ago instead of Hoggie and probably cost us a place in the Semi final. We lost by a point. I've struggled to get that awful performance out of my mind. But I do wish him all the very best, and hopefully he will make eat my words. Corcaigh Abu.

I really don't have a problem with Lehane starting, but when he is not performing it is usually pretty obvious after 15/20 minutes, Ryan must be prepared to make the early call. Kept him on against Galway a couple of years ago instead of Hoggie and probably cost us a place in the Semi final. We lost by a point. I've struggled to get that awful performance out of my mind. But I do wish him all the very best, and hopefully he will make eat my words. Corcaigh Abu.

Whatever about lehane who has struggled in championship for a few years at this stage, there isn’t a single hope in either code that a cork player would be subbed off before at least half time, that type of ruthlessness simply isn’t in cork.
In reality once Connolly and Coleman were fit this team was selected since January with the only debate on Twomey, it’s certainly not a Munster or all Ireland winning team but should get position 3 in Munster, if not it would be a catastrophic failure in a sporting sense of course.
Won’t beat Clare or limerick so this and the tipp games are the main events this year

With all the teams named here over the last few months did anyone predict that 15? I doubt it.
Presuming Twomey will play on the wing and great to see him get the starting spot as his league displays pre injury earned it.
Eoin Carey on the bench a surprise given his limited league time.
Great to see Robbie on the panel and hopefully he can contribute on Sunday.
Most pundits will probably write us off as all ireland contenders with the L-H-H trio starting but as someone else stated it’s up to the new generation to win the Jersey off them. A fit Dalton and Robbie could see things evolve over the next few weeks. Plus if Hayes or Tim play a blinder when introduced they can earn the starting slot.

I'm a bit neutral on that team to be honest. Not dissapointed (as I was say v Clare last year) not overly excited (as I was v Limerick last year)

The negatives for me, Eoin Downey not starting??? Very strange in my opinon thought he had an excellent league.
Coleman at wing back is a concern, think he will be targeted at puckouts.
Fitzgibbons workrate at midfield is questionable at times and of course starting all 3 of Horgan, Lehane and Harnedy is a gamble. I felt Horgan and Harnedy had indifferent league campaigns and Conor Lehane is Conor Lehane, brilliant and poor. Which Conor will turn up on the day.

The positives for me is that I think Sean Twomey will come out to the wing and add a bit of physicality to that half forward line along with Shane Barrett who I expect to roam all over the middle with Tommy O Connell. Harnedy usually plays well against Waterford and if he does again then our half forward line will go from being a potentially weak looking line to possibly the winning of the game.

Connolly on Prunty will be a massive battle if it transpires that way. Ive often felt Hoggie struggled on Prunty but Connolly could be just the man for him.

I presume Mellerick will pick up Hutchinson. Who do guys think will go on Bennett, Sean O Donaghue?

Great to see Ethan Twomey and Robbie O Flynn on the bench. Think they'll have a big say over the next 6 weeks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼