Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That’s not the point. The U20 team this year proved that point. And the reason they proved it is cause the County Board invested in Rebel Og, Minor and 20 management.
Cleared out County Board buddies and brought in interested managers and selectors wanting to promote development whether it was short or long terms. Players not being selected cause their dad knows the manager or else cause they’re a selector from their club and was sure we give him a chance what harm will it do.

The harm it done was that you had what some people call late bloomers in their 20’s being picked on Senior Squads. They weren’t late bloomers at all they just didn’t know the manager.
Thankfully now tho the new administration and development officers have cut out all that carry on.
I’m not sure much of that is true. Firstly, only 2 officers gone. Frank and Pearse.

Secondly, late bloomers are a thing. Harnedy is a case in point. Didn’t pull up trees for the u21s and his Fitzgibbon form brought him into the Senior team.

I’m sure it has happened that selectors have brought lads in from their own clubs who were not good enough. Not sure it was as widespread as you suggest or that it has anything to do with our troubles.

Also, the big city clubs no longer take lads from smaller country clubs in the numbers they did in times past so the spread of clubs on the county panel is much more than it used to be. That’s a good thing, not sure those from the Rockies, Barrs and Glen see it that way though!

I believe that has happened with Sean Og anyway but haven’t heard of anyone else, that of course doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened
That’s good to hear R&B - Gerald Mac and Sean Og will go down in history as Cork hurling legends but good men as well ! There are lots of people in Cork still holding strong feelings and even resentment since that strike so if Gerald and Sean Og can put it behind them then everybody else should. Rebels Abu

O right, the 08 hurlers striking resulted in subsequent minor and u-21 management setups?

Fascinating. Do tell...

Sean Og saying he regretted some of the stuff said at the time is not a vindication of the county board and An Runai's shitshow.
You are the poster that is linking underage management to the fortunes of the Cork senior hurlers.
I’m not aware of anyone here that is suppprting the old CCB. You’d like to think some are.
You are one of the posters here that emotively imply that the senior hurlers went on strike over the goings on at underage and how the CCB were handling that. Nothing of the such happened.
You are the one ignoring the opinions of those involved on both sides of the strikes on the disastrous fall out.
It seems to me that there are several posters on here who mouth off and tap away online all the time but are clueless, and also it’s clear from their lack of basic info that they are not involved in any way in Cork hurling at club, divisional, Rebel og or county level.
We even have fellas here today saying the strikes had no impact on the clubs!!! Nuts.. Say that to the club officers in some of our biggest and most successful clubs especially those who had to step down over how it was all handled.

This all kicked off when I simply suggested that a few of our guys who have a media platform should defend Cork hurling a bit more..

That’s good to hear R&B - Gerald Mac and Sean Og will go down in history as Cork hurling legends but good men as well ! There are lots of people in Cork still holding strong feelings and even resentment since that strike so if Gerald and Sean Og can put it behind them then everybody else should. Rebels Abu
Sometimes it’s easier for those at the coalface to put the past behind. Us on the outside stay entrenched in our partisan opinions and can’t see the wood from the trees. Just look at some of the comments on here about one of our greats, Teddy Mac, the poor man is not a summer in his grave and we still denegrate him. We as a county won’t be able to fully put this behind us until Liam is back in Cork and we have winning heroes we can all get behind again

Sometimes it’s easier for those at the coalface to put the past behind. Us on the outside stay entrenched in our partisan opinions and can’t see the wood from the trees. Just look at some of the comments on here about one of our greats, Teddy Mac, the man is not a summer in his grave and we still denegrate him. We as a county won’t be able to fully put this behind us until Liam is back in Cork and we have winning heroes we can all get behind again
Completely agree R&B

You are the poster that is linking underage management to the fortunes of the Cork senior hurlers.
I’m not aware of anyone here that is suppprting the old CCB. You’d like to think some are.
You are one of the posters here that emotively imply that the senior hurlers went on strike over the goings on at underage and how the CCB were handling that. Nothing of the such happened.
You are the one ignoring the opinions of those involved on both sides of the strikes on the disastrous fall out.
It seems to me that there are several posters on here who mouth off and tap away online all the time but are clueless, and also it’s clear from their lack of basic info that they are not involved in any way in Cork hurling at club, divisional, Rebel og or county level.
We even have fellas here today saying the strikes had no impact on the clubs!!! Nuts.. Say that to the club officers in some of our biggest and most successful clubs especially those who had to step down over how it was all handled.

This all kicked off when I simply suggested that a few of our guys who have a media platform should defend Cork hurling a bit more..

Wat

The strikes were 15 years ago m8.

Build a bridge and get over it.
Donal Og seems to have you in a vicelike psychological grip.

As for your nonsense about the strikes doing irrevocable damage to Cork Gaa. The footballers won an All Ireland within 2 years of the Teddy Holland shambles.

Stop talking out of your arse m8.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼