Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sometimes it’s easier for those at the coalface to put the past behind. Us on the outside stay entrenched in our partisan opinions and can’t see the wood from the trees. Just look at some of the comments on here about one of our greats, Teddy Mac, the man is not a summer in his grave and we still denegrate him. We as a county won’t be able to fully put this behind us until Liam is back in Cork and we have winning heroes we can all get behind again
Good post.
Imagine keyboard fellas here think it’s ok to cut and denigrate Teddy Mc and question his motives! Disgraceful.
Thankfully the strike is behind those involved at the coal face with the IC teams now. Have no doubt about that. Sure Dónal Og even got a chance with the minors, but that was ended quickly.

Wat

The strikes were 15 years ago m8.

Build a bridge and get over it.
Donal Og seems to have you in a vicelike psychological grip.

As for your nonsense about the strikes doing irrevocable damage to Cork Gaa. The footballers won an All Ireland within 2 years of the Teddy Holland shambles.

Stop talking out of your arse m8.
Again another clown who clearly doesn’t know the ins and outs.
And another clown who twists and turns what is posted by others into something entirely different.. check the definition of irrevocable you silly boy!

You are the poster that is linking underage management to the fortunes of the Cork senior hurlers.
I’m not aware of anyone here that is suppprting the old CCB. You’d like to think some are.
You are one of the posters here that emotively imply that the senior hurlers went on strike over the goings on at underage and how the CCB were handling that. Nothing of the such happened.
You are the one ignoring the opinions of those involved on both sides of the strikes on the disastrous fall out.
It seems to me that there are several posters on here who mouth off and tap away online all the time but are clueless, and also it’s clear from their lack of basic info that they are not involved in any way in Cork hurling at club, divisional, Rebel og or county level.
We even have fellas here today saying the strikes had no impact on the clubs!!! Nuts.. Say that to the club officers in some of our biggest and most successful clubs especially those who had to step down over how it was all handled.

This all kicked off when I simply suggested that a few of our guys who have a media platform should defend Cork hurling a bit more..
I can’t understand how anyone fails to see the impact it had on the clubs, especially the more traditional senior clubs.
The athmosphere around the Barrs at that time was horrendous. We had Gerald as manager on one side, Curran as a player on the other. There was no win win solution and relationships got fractured to the extent that the running of the club from top to bottom failed. The spirit went from us all. Something magical happened in the last 5 years with Senior counties returning to Togher and all changed again

Good post.
Imagine keyboard fellas here think it’s ok to cut and denigrate Teddy Mc and question his motives! Disgraceful.
Thankfully the strike is behind those involved at the coal face with the IC teams now. Have no doubt about that. Sure Dónal Og even got a chance with the minors, but that was ended quickly.

Poor old Jimbo, rattled out of his mind by a goalkeeper who hasn't played for his county in 11 years.

The strikes are ancient history.

Ease off with the 'needless to say I had the last laugh' crap 🙄

Again another clown who clearly doesn’t know the ins and outs.
And another clown who twists and turns what is posted by others into something entirely different.. check the definition of irrevocable you silly boy!

Im very familiar with every aspect of it m8.

As Thready said, its pathetic for fellas to be dredging this up as Limerick and Kilkenny are putting another title on the scoreboard.

Stop living in the past you clown.

I can’t understand how anyone fails to see the impact it had on the clubs, especially the more traditional senior clubs.
The athmosphere around the Barrs at that time was horrendous. We had Gerald as manager on one side, Curran as a player on the other. There was no win win solution and relationships got fractured to the extent that the running of the club from top to bottom failed. The spirit went from us all. Something magical happened in the last 5 years with Senior counties returning to Togher and all changed again
I’m not a Barrs man and had many battles over the years. But I can honestly say that the vast majority of Cork gaa people were very happy to see the Barrs back in recent years. A club that has produced so many of our all time greats.
That era was horrendous for those involved in most clubs.

Im very familiar with every aspect of it m8.

As Thready said, its pathetic for fellas to be dredging this up as Limerick and Kilkenny are putting another title on the scoreboard.

Stop living in the past you clown.
You familiar with it??? How?
You know nothing about hurling and aren’t involved with any club.. so how do you know “every aspect of it”?

I’m not a Barrs man and had many battles over the years. But I can honestly say that the vast majority of Cork gaa people were very happy to see the Barrs back in recent years. A club that has produced so many of our all time greats.
That era was horrendous for those involved in most clubs.
Not as happy as we were 🤣 but I appreciate the sentiment

But we didn’t make a return by chance, 10 years of superb work at underage produced a magical group of young fellas (the magic dust boys I call them 🤣) brought us back, and Cork are about to do the same

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼