Cork Footballers

Any more of the minor team that won the all ireland making the breakthrough? the likes of Ryan O Donovan, Michael O Neill?
Michael o Neill attended UCC past 4 years and never played sigerson so that tells you his progress on his development as a footballer ( injury prone).
Ryan is progressing well , had a good club Championship , probably not good enough yet. Another year of college football will bring him on

Im disappointed by the cork selection. I would have thought cleary would have tried a few new players. Dylan foley getting sigerson goalie of the year surely deserved a look in. Luke Murphy Alan Walsh and Joe cooper are flying with the colleges. I thought they would have also got a look. But what do I know

A few serious positives for Cork tonight from layers who didn’t start championship last year - Flahive was really good until he got injured ( hopefully nothing serious ), Clancy showed some very good foot passing and controlled possession at 6, Cashman very assured on the ball and has put on some bulk and Walsh also showed some very good foot passing from midfield. To break quickly from defence we will need some good kickers who can move the ball quickly and accurately and I thought we saw some good kicking tonight which we didn’t see much of previously when the game plan was mostly based on carrying. Buckley from Newcestown came on but it was a shame we couldn’t see him get some ball closer to goal as he looks like a lad who could cause damage. Other positives were the display of Taylor who continuously broke the tackle and O Callaghan is a serious weapon the way he can get on the end of moves and power through on goal - he did it a few times last summer and he did it twice tonight and was only on the field for 20 mins - he is hard to stop when running in a straight line !

A few serious positives for Cork tonight from layers who didn’t start championship last year - Flahive was really good until he got injured ( hopefully nothing serious ), Clancy showed some very good foot passing and controlled possession at 6, Cashman very assured on the ball and has put on some bulk and Walsh also showed some very good foot passing from midfield. To break quickly from defence we will need some good kickers who can move the ball quickly and accurately and I thought we saw some good kicking tonight which we didn’t see much of previously when the game plan was mostly based on carrying. Buckley from Newcestown came on but it was a shame we couldn’t see him get some ball closer to goal as he looks like a lad who could cause damage. Other positives were the display of Taylor who continuously broke the tackle and O Callaghan is a serious weapon the way he can get on the end of moves and power through on goal - he did it a few times last summer and he did it twice tonight and was only on the field for 20 mins - he is hard to stop when running in a straight line !

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Alcione - The Queen of Samba

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼