Cork Footballers

The Haven have 2 keepers bigger than the Dingle keeper and they picked the tallest fella for the penalties.🤣
it was great to once again see a Cork team, club or county, play with a small bit of Cork cuteness. Putting Cahalane in for the penalties seemed to unsettle Dingle and the Haven penalty scorers all went hard and high with their kicks against a small, light keeper. It all made total sense to come up with that type of plan under the most intense pressure but it is so seldom we see that bit of cuteness these days with Cork teams. Well done Haven management and the players for executing. What a boost to Cork football.

Anyone know what age Cathal Maguire is ? surely worth a look with Cork as he has the balls to try a shot which seems to have been coached out of most of our attacking players. Damien & Conor Cahalane also easily good enough to play with the Cork football team if they wanted ( some pace, engines and physicality and lovely ball carriers and kickers ) and Mark Collins is still good enough also.

Great also to see Dan Dineen scoring heavily with Kilnamartra - why he was played at No 10 or 12 by Cork and asked to be the runner and workhorse is beyond me as he is a scorer and always was a scorer hence my comment above about shooting being coached out of many of our attacking players. Cork need multiple shooters on the field at the same time to take that predictable look off them but it goes without saying that they also need to work hard

it was great to once again see a Cork team, club or county, play with a small bit of Cork cuteness. Putting Cahalane in for the penalties seemed to unsettle Dingle and the Haven penalty scorers all went hard and high with their kicks against a small, light keeper. It all made total sense to come up with that type of plan under the most intense pressure but it is so seldom we see that bit of cuteness these days with Cork teams. Well done Haven management and the players for executing. What a boost to Cork football.

Anyone know what age Cathal Maguire is ? surely worth a look with Cork as he has the balls to try a shot which seems to have been coached out of most of our attacking players. Damien & Conor Cahalane also easily good enough to play with the Cork football team if they wanted ( some pace, engines and physicality and lovely ball carriers and kickers ) and Mark Collins is still good enough also.

Great also to see Dan Dineen scoring heavily with Kilnamartra - why he was played at No 10 or 12 by Cork and asked to be the runner and workhorse is beyond me as he is a scorer and always was a scorer hence my comment above about shooting being coached out of many of our attacking players. Cork need multiple shooters on the field at the same time to take that predictable look off them but it goes without saying that they also need to work hard

Cathal Maguire was involved with Cork since start of last year but got no game time at all. Hes 26 in 2024 played minors and 20s when on the age

Have Conor and Damien ever even been approached since their Uncle got involved ?

RHB

The bit of cuteness you refer was surely pre-planned and practiced in training which is complimentary to the Castlehaven management and players.

The Cahalanes chose inter-county hurling and Damo has been without doubt a loss to Cork football over the years but that time has passed. Conor is quick in straight lines but not a natural mid-fielder and it's very debatable would be up to inter-county as a half-forward, I don't think there's enough strings to his bow for senior inter-county level.

Mark Collins was years with Cork and came up short of what's required as a forward at senior inter-county level. He was never a natural forward where Cork selectors persisted with playing him throughout those years. Castlehaven appeared to have seen this and he is a far better player facing the ball. He has also quit inter-county football and now being over 30 I doubt he'd be selected if he was to change his mind.

Cathal Maguire is plenty young enough and was on last years extended panel, he should be getting game time by now so hopefully we'll see him with Cork in 2024.

RHB

The bit of cuteness you refer was surely pre-planned and practiced in training which is complimentary to the Castlehaven management and players.

The Cahalanes chose inter-county hurling and Damo has been without doubt a loss to Cork football over the years but that time has passed. Conor is quick in straight lines but not a natural mid-fielder and it's very debatable would be up to inter-county as a half-forward, I don't think there's enough strings to his bow for senior inter-county level.

Mark Collins was years with Cork and came up short of what's required as a forward at senior inter-county level. He was never a natural forward where Cork selectors persisted with playing him throughout those years. Castlehaven appeared to have seen this and he is a far better player facing the ball. He has also quit inter-county football and now being over 30 I doubt he'd be selected if he was to change his mind.

Cathal Maguire is plenty young enough and was on last years extended panel, he should be getting game time by now so hopefully we'll see him with Cork in 2024.
Agree with your points on DC and CC.

No doubting DC would offer something to the football, his composure alone would be a huge asset. At this stage I doubt he will ever swap, had a decent year at IC too. On the money regarding CC- he would not offer anything crazy at IC football.

I can not fathom that Mark Collins remark. Without doubt, a shining light of Cork football during the misery of the mid to late 2010's.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼