Search results

1. Dr. Aaoouh

Groomers

That limp appendage hanging off the bottom of the United States known as Florida has recently enacted its so-called “Don’t Say Gay” law, forbidding any discussion of sex or gender issues (especially homosexuality) to students through the 12th grade. The idea seems to be based on the tried and...
  2. Dr. Aaoouh

Have you ever witnessed a violent death?

I had three occasions in the 1970's. The last was one night when I was driving through Chicago's Humboldt Park. As I came to a light, it turned yellow. There was a car in front of me that sped up, deciding to try to get across the intersection before it turned red. It hit a man on a bicycle...
  3. Dr. Aaoouh

Your Favorite Hangover Remedy

What is it? Hair of the dog is fine enough, I suppose, but it’s sort of like kicking an annoying can down the road. When you get to the can you need more hair so you can kick it again. (My late brother took some dare of the hog when he was about twenty and kicked that can for another 32 years...
  4. Dr. Aaoouh

I Doonbeg Your Pardon

When Vice President Pence came to have a meeting and share a plate of sausages with Leo Varadkar in Dublin, Failing President Donald Trump suggested a local resort to stay at; his failing resort in Doonbeg. Pence is defending himself to Americans who are annoyed at this blatant corruption by...
  5. Dr. Aaoouh

Mercenary Madness

I wrote this a couple of years ago about Obama, but the situation hasn't changed under Trump. It's rather grim. The US has been using military contractors in all its wars since the Revolution for low level unarmed support operations. In World War II, for example, 12 percent of the total force...
  6. Dr. Aaoouh

Finure

On the coast south of Cork. Used to be a small village. Anyone ever been there?
  7. Dr. Aaoouh

Where is the best place in Cork......

....to hide a body? If you really had to. I have a spot in my small town near Chicago. But what would be yours? (Asking for a friend).
  8. Dr. Aaoouh

Cultural Advice

A friend of mine tells me that she has written a novel. I'm not sure what kind of a novel it is even by its description (it almost sounds like one of those "young adult" things). But she asked me is I knew any Irish people who could answer some questions for her about some things she would like...
  9. Dr. Aaoouh

Cork Slang

Tell me Corkonians. Is this slang list current or is this just the way your remote ancestors spoke in the 1990’s?
  10. Dr. Aaoouh

Golden Carriages

The Big News this week about Trump isn't about him bombing stuff (so far) but about reports that for his upcoming visit to England he has demanded a Golden Carriage ride with the Queen rather than riding in the modified tank that Obama used to use...
  11. Dr. Aaoouh

American Cops Learning From ISIS

What do you think about the format of this thing? Just needs a black flag in the background. How would something like this be taken in Erin's Isle? http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-lake-sheriff-peyton-grinnell-video-heroin-overdoses-20170410-story.html
  12. Dr. Aaoouh

The First NEW Trump Scandal

What do you think? Now or later?
  13. Dr. Aaoouh

TORTURE! Yeah Baby!

The US Senate has released its report on US torture of (guess what) Muslims. They have discovered that the CIA has been lying to everyone and that torture, aside from being a disgrace to any modern society, is ineffective. What does this have to do with you? First of all, Britain has been a...
  14. Dr. Aaoouh

Trump Stands Tall Before the Man

Among all the scams and frauds that Trump has done in his long career, one of my favorites was Trump University, where he collected millions to teach idiots how to be rich. Everyone apparently flunked out. Now he's being sued...
  15. Dr. Aaoouh

Our Politics

I think this applies to Ireland too. If you read the link, the best part is in the comments. https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/blog/our-current-politics
  16. Dr. Aaoouh

Magpie and Black Eye

Went to a wedding in Cork last Saturday. One of the speakers told a joke about a magpie and a black eye. Were any of you there? There were about 140 people at the reception. Just checking the odds.
  17. Dr. Aaoouh

Spam

So far in the New Year, in my spam folder, I am asked to buy a tank of oxygen, a number of erection enhancers, to pre-pay my cremation, to find out if my ex-wife is cheating on me, to contact some Chinese woman named Roxanne who urgently wants to meet me, to contact some guy who has an important...
  18. Dr. Aaoouh

Stocking Stuffer

I don't know if you hang the stockings over the fireplace in Ireland, but we do in the States. And not just for the children. The trick is to make the gifts small and not too expensive. And a bit funny if possible (for the adults). Here is something you could try. Doesn't cost much and is...
  19. Dr. Aaoouh

US Commercial of the Year

http://www.dailywire.com/news/2081/lol-three-idiots-rob-taco-shop-taco-shop-gets-chase-stephens?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=122315-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand
  20. Dr. Aaoouh

American Justice