Your Favorite Hangover Remedy

Dr. Aaoouh

What is it?

Hair of the dog is fine enough, I suppose, but it’s sort of like kicking an annoying can down the road. When you get to the can you need more hair so you can kick it again. (My late brother took some dare of the hog when he was about twenty and kicked that can for another 32 years until his liver exploded.). And besides, it can be terribly hard to get and keep down.

In the States I like a cup of hot strong tea (or in s pinch, hot water) followed by a cola of some sort and some acetaminophen. In Ireland I preferred a nice cup of cold water with two or three life giving Solpadeines bubbling gently away. Many were the times that my hosts would set me up with this in the morning so we could then pop out for a “couple of pints” and about twelve more hours of forgotten time.

What’s your best cure?

Fair enough. But I don’t think anyone aims to acquire a hangover. So if one doesn’t prevent it, what’s your cure? Or are you saying you’ve never ever had one?

Not so much these days.

Two or three drinks max the odd time Id have it.

Just plenty of liquids and a couple of nurofen.

Avoid flying.

Lads I have to ask, I don't drink alcohol, I never have.

But what is the logic of going out drinking and feeling horribly sick the following day ?
I mean I get that happening once, but what's the logic in continuing to do it?

Is there a genuine fear that a person cannot enjoy themselves unless they drink alcohol?

Lads I have to ask, I don't drink alcohol, I never have.

But what is the logic of going out drinking and feeling horribly sick the following day ?
I mean I get that happening once, but what's the logic in continuing to do it?

Is there a genuine fear that a person cannot enjoy themselves unless they drink alcohol?
No one gets hangovers every time they drink. And whether or not one gets one depends on a lot of things that one may not entirely noticecat the time; how fast one is drinking, what one is drinking, how much and what one has eaten and others.

And while drinking can provide certain pleasures, one can experience these without getting shitfaced (necessarily) and it would be only a total addict who would claim that “a person cannot enjoy themselves unless they drink alcohol”.

I find a contented and fulfilling life is the best remedy for a hangover as you know that any illness, pain or doubt is only temporary and good things are all around you

namaste

Take a pain killer and lots of water and go back to bed if you're very bad. If it's ok, lucozade and some toast. If you're a fat cunt, a coffee and a breakfast roll

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Etaoin Melville, Silent Voices

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼