Wuhan Wheeze Bonus

Leo was asked tonight abour staff in private hospitals who treated public patients during the pandemic through deal done with goveenment , he said they dont benefit from the bonus he said private hospitals can well afford to.pay the bonus

Shane Coleman on newstalks said listening to some people demanding the bonus should be paid to other sectors
devalues what nurses and healthcare staff did, He is correct,
People need to remember the fear that people had when we knew significantly less about the virus. We were telling doctors and nurses to go to work and deal directly with Covid patients when they were looking at their TVs like the rest of us and seeing scenes like carparks full of patients on ventilators in Italy and doctors there explaining that they were having to decide who got the oxygen as there wasn't enough.

I have massive respect for the people who went in to work and tried to help people under this conditions. I read numerous articles about doctors and nurses were living apart from their families to try to keep them safe.

At the same time the Gardaí, paramedics, fire service and numerous other public services were told they had to go to work, and could not socially distance like the public were being advised to.. no idea who they were coming into contact with and probably scared shitless they would bring the virus home.

Easy now to look back and say that it was grand, but i know how I'd have felt about any of those jobs at a certain point in time

People need to remember the fear that people had when we knew significantly less about the virus. We were telling doctors and nurses to go to work and deal directly with Covid patients when they were looking at their TVs like the rest of us and seeing scenes like carparks full of patients on ventilators in Italy and doctors there explaining that they were having to decide who got the oxygen as there wasn't enough.

I have massive respect for the people who went in to work and tried to help people under this conditions. I read numerous articles about doctors and nurses were living apart from their families to try to keep them safe.

At the same time the Gardaí, paramedics, fire service and numerous other public services were told they had to go to work, and could not socially distance like the public were being advised to.. no idea who they were coming into contact with and probably scared shitless they would bring the virus home.

Easy now to look back and say that it was grand, but i know how I'd have felt about any of those jobs at a certain point in time

Think paramedics, ambulance crews, etc are getting the €1k.
Tough on Guards, firefighters too but although risks were there, they were not knowingly going into rooms that had covid patients in them or coming into close contact with confirmed positive cases back in the early days of pandemic. The number of HCWs who contracted the virus would bear this out.

Never going to get it exactly right but current policy is as good as can be expected.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Conchur White

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼