Wuhan Wheeze Bonus

I'd have no issue if all the emergency services got this. Maybe private employers should be allowed pay a tax free sum up to €1k to employees that were deemed essential and attended work places for the duration. Some shop workers are still putting up with awful shit from Gemma Doherty and her ilk.

Think paramedics, ambulance crews, etc are getting the €1k.
Tough on Guards, firefighters too but although risks were there, they were not knowingly going into rooms that had covid patients in them or coming into close contact with confirmed positive cases back in the early days of pandemic. The number of HCWs who contracted the virus would bear this out.

Never going to get it exactly right but current policy is as good as can be expected.
One small issue there with regard to fire fighters.

Dumplin Fire Brigade operate the emergency ambulance service up there, so they surely qualify.

Then down here, the City Fire Brigade have a response unit for urgent heart attack calls, so the question has to be asked.

I'd have no issue if all the emergency services got this. Maybe private employers should be allowed pay a tax free sum up to €1k to employees that were deemed essential and attended work places for the duration. Some shop workers are still putting up with awful shit from Gemma Doherty and her ilk.
Do you think that each and every employer up and down this country has the resources to do that ?

Do you think that each and every employer up and down this country has the resources to do that ?
Who knows hence I said up to €1k! I didn't hear of any business that was deemed essential going to the wall during Covid. There may have been of course. There were also businesses that claimed the TWSS despite profits increasing during 2020 and didn't pay this money back. Some did to be fair. Others left employees with tax liabilities as a result of the TWSS claimed by the company.

It’s always the way with any gestures with good intentions. They always end up having a sting in the tail. I think the nurses and doctors in hospitals particularly deserve this being right at ground zero.

No way GPs need this recognition, they made hay during this. Both doctors and pharmacists are cleaning up with the fees being paid per jab.

Garda I had it easy enough too in reality.

The teachers now….surely they deserve it 🤣

One small issue there with regard to fire fighters.

Dumplin Fire Brigade operate the emergency ambulance service up there, so they surely qualify.

Then down here, the City Fire Brigade have a response unit for urgent heart attack calls, so the question has to be asked.

It's a tough one, especially for Dublin lads who may have been asked at times to pick up and treat a patient with covid symptoms who was likely positive but line has to be drawn somewhere. Never going to be perfect but think they have done a reasonable job on it.

Government needs someone with the balls to tell the other vested interest groups with the grubby paw out (teachers, bus drivers, Guards, etc) to cop the f**k on, and not to be doing the HCWs a disservice by trying to bracket themselves in the same group!

The Bank Holiday is a bit much IMO.

B
Believe that was on the cards anyway pre pandemic. We're bit behind most European countries.

Missed a trick though with timing. First few weeks of February are generally pretty grim weather-wise, with any snow we do get, likely to fall then.
If they added it on to June or August bank holiday, be a lot more welcome, albeit lads would be coming in to work on the Wednesday even more addled from the drink!!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼