Warnings on gatt

Will warning labels have any effect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure about labels but they need to do something about the ads on TV. Every single ad you see young beautiful people drinking and having the time of their lives. Worse still there's a Rockshore ad where they're drinking Rockshore, then we see them running towards the water with surf boards, happy as larry. I'm no expert but going surfing after a rake of Rockshore doesn't seem like a very safe option.
They literally have 4 small bottles between about 7 of them

Alcohol is the Devil's buttermilk, it's consumption leads to rowdiness, licentiousness, impure thoughts, onanism & marital infidelity.

Of course it should come with a health warning.

Wicked Child !!!!

iu

Would it not make more sense to put warning signs in the off licenses instead of insisting on labelling bottles & cans?

If I'm cracking open a bag of cans in Pearse Square on a Monday morning the last think I'll be doing is reading the labels on the cans m8s.

Would it not make more sense to put warning signs in the off licenses instead of insisting on labelling bottles & cans?

If I'm cracking open a bag of cans in Pearse Square on a Monday morning the last think I'll be doing is reading the labels on the cans m8s.
Or maybe, just maybe...........put together a package for 5th, 6th class and secondary school to teach kids of the dangers of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes such that warnings on bottles are not needed.

That way he doesn't force probably unenforceable regulations that will not have remotely the effect as you said above. If you've bought a flagon of Orchard thieves and a naggin of Paddy - you're not gonna give a flying about reading the label.

Pregnant women are being warned about the danger of Alcohol. I wonder will the pro choice brigade and tell the Minister that he has no right to interfere with a womens body.
Brid Smith will call out the Minister on this one.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼