Warnings on gatt

Will warning labels have any effect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the IT has an article on the short, medium and long term effects of alcohol today. Its not a bad read actually, but not a lot you probably wouldn't be aware of anyway. I have never bothered to check what the HSE’s recommended weekly low-risk alcohol guidelines are.. they are less than 11 standard drinks for women and 17 standard drinks for men, where:

- a small glass of wine is 1 drink
- a bottle of red is approx. 8 drinks unless you're hitting the heavy stuff
- a pint of lager is 1.5 drinks
- a pint of cider is 3 drinks!
- a can of lager is 2 drinks
- a bottle of lager is 1 drink
- a measure of spirits is 1 drink

In that case I'd drink about 15-16 drinks a week which just sneaks under the bar. I'd rarely drink less and rarely drink more as I'm not a social drinker per se.

How would you do?

Id say less than 3 drinks a week.

None last week.

This reminds me of the time they shut offies at 10pm cause apparently it's going to stop people drinking as much.
Just fucking stupid imo.
What remind you. It's still happening. I remember working in one starter section and I'd get out cleaned off etc just in time to buy 4 cans of Bulmers in the offie that closed at 11.30. Sad state these days

Alright Grandad.

Seriously though, I would say it's a lot to do with you being a Dad. If I had kids there's no way I would drink as much. You wouldn't have the time anyway.

Maybe so, old age too. I rarely bother anymore tbh.

Used drink wine with meals at home, just stopped.

When I think about the amount Id regularly put away in my 20s it seems like a lifetime ago.

Can't be dealing with the hangovers, 3 bottles of Carlsberg on a Friday night and I feel like shit for most of the day Saturday.

What remind you. It's still happening. I remember working in one starter section and I'd get out cleaned off etc just in time to buy 4 cans of Bulmers in the offie that closed at 11.30. Sad state these days

I used leave UCC library when it closed around 10pm, stroll down slowly to the bus station to get the 11pm bus home. Used often stop into Gally's offie to get a few cans but that was stopped when this 10pm thing came in (around 2007 I'd say)

I used leave UCC library when it closed around 10pm, stroll down slowly to the bus station to get the 11pm bus home. Used often stop into Gally's offie to get a few cans but that was stopped when this 10pm thing came in (around 2007 I'd say)
Fuck 2007. We've been living miserable lives. In UCC I didn't drink much just headed to Lidl for the odd bottle of wine. I had to be up 7.30 am so had a few drinks at the weekend and during the Summer it was carnage. Cans and pubs.

Maybe so, old age too. I rarely bother anymore tbh.

Used drink wine with meals at home, just stopped.

When I think about the amount Id regularly put away in my 20s it seems like a lifetime ago.

Can't be dealing with the hangovers, 3 bottles of Carlsberg on a Friday night and I feel like shit for most of the day Saturday.

The days I'd get into a proper session would be few and far between, no interest in the next day

Having a few glasses of wine after the week of work and at the weekend is bliss though, and just reward for being a captain of industry and all that :)

The days I'd get into a proper session would be few and far between, no interest in the next day

Having a few glasses of wine after the week of work and at the weekend is bliss though, and just reward for being a captain of industry and all that :)
Did you see my post on your wine thread? Couple o cheap wines but tasty

With all that new law... What can I say.. it is like with Pokemon - catch them all :ROFLMAO:
I do not know if it will more hurt my wallet or liver at the end - well done Leo!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

14th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼