Warnings on gatt

Will warning labels have any effect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alcohol Action Ireland welcomed the new regulations pointing out that alcohol consumption is estimated to be the cause of 7% of female breast cancer cases in Ireland.

Did people know this?

I didn't.
You can add cancer of the liver, stomach, throat, oesophagus, bowel, mouth and pancreas to that list.

Of course alcohol should come with a health warning.

So floating a balloon for alcohol health warnings in the middle of a trolley, waiting list, nurse and doctor shortage is absolutely the priority he should be going with?

This country has a known issue with drink. Our travails with it are such that its pits and downfalls are almost more known than anything else and certainly have impacted a high proportion of families over the years.

Do you think alcohol is bad for you is not known? that the impacts on family, society, even the health service are not known?

It'd be more in his line to do his job.

No need to punish those who handle alcohol responsibly.

Resources should be put into schools, diagnosing mental health issues early as 99% of those who abuse alcohol long term have undiagnosed mental health issues. Waiting lists for diagnosis of ADHD, Autism etc in kids are insane and catching that early doors will save a lot of money in the long term and yes I’m one of those who can’t drink.

You can add cancer of the liver, stomach, throat, oesophagus, bowel, mouth and pancreas to that list.

Of course alcohol should come with a health warning.
Does it not already come with one? The alcohol content is clearly stated on any bottles or cans. A lot of wine bottles also have the warning for pregnant ladies on them. So it seems that all they will be adding is a liver/cancer risk note to the pregnancy one.

From what I read the labels will state the grammes of alcohol and the calories the bottle would contain. How is stating the grammes of alcohol any different to printing the % alcohol?

Seems fairly pointless to me

No need to punish those who handle alcohol responsibly.

Resources should be put into schools, diagnosing mental health issues early as 99% of those who abuse alcohol long term have undiagnosed mental health issues. Waiting lists for diagnosis of ADHD, Autism etc in kids are insane and catching that early doors will save a lot of money in the long term and yes I’m one of those who can’t drink.

99% ? Seems a bit high.
You telling me only 1% of alcoholics are in fact alcoholics?

Do the warnings on cigarette packages work?

Any research on this that the proc could fill us in on?

I know men that will only smoke the "smoking harms your unborn baby" fags.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼