The, um, Aviation Thread

Aer Lingus's wonderful planning as usual, they are in the process of repainting the entire fleet of planes in that horrible white livery.

So one at a time, every few weeks is being painted.
One in particular, Registration No EI CVA was painted into the new livery 8 months ago.

It was flown for the last time yesterday from Newquay in Cornwall to Knock where it will be cut up and dismantled.

So what was the bloody point in spending out all that money to repaint it ?
Great management abilities on show as usual.
I thought they got that white livery in 2019/2020, or was it just repainted with the same white livery 8 months ago?

It all started then, paused during covid and resumed again afterwards.

There is still quite a few of their aircraft with the old livery
The plane you said was painted with the new livery 8 months ago, EI CVA was painted with the white livery back in 2019, that is why I asked was it repainted 8 months ago.

Class video from the cockpit of an Aer Lingus flight from San Francisco to Dublin, featuring all the paperwork and safety checks etc.

And a very sexy Irish female pilot. 😍

Waterford Airport is now looking for €12 Million in funding so that it can extend its runway and operate jet aircraft. This will inevitably lead to them trying to compete with Cork airport for routes from airlines. Hopefully Eamon Ryan will adopt the same approach to their application for funding as he has for funding requests to improve the Cork Limerick road and tell them to go fuck themselves using the environment as an excuse.

Diluting Cork’s catchment area by having airports in Waterford and Farranfore merely disadvantages Cork Airport. Three airports within two and a half hours drive of each other all competing for Ryanair’s business will not achieve anything.
Ryanair will be delighted if this happens. They'll start a few routes there, where they'll have to pay Waterford fuck all. And then demand Cork give them a better deal.

Ryanair will be delighted if this happens. They'll start a few routes there, where they'll have to pay Waterford fuck all. And then demand Cork give them a better deal.
I wonder how long can it before Tipperary / Kilkenny and Wexford will be demanding their own airports?
This is an absolute joke, I agree with regard to Ryanair, they will certainly take advantage

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼