The, um, Aviation Thread

New FR routes from Cork:
Brussels Charleoi.
Rhodes.
Zadar.

Some prior ones back too: EMA, Venice Marco Polo, La Rochelle. Paris Beauvais gone to reasonable times.

Looks like Fuerteventura gone.

The girlfriend was in Italy with work for the last week, she flew Cork to Rome with Ryanair on Monday and was due to come back today with BA/Aer Lingus via LHR.

Flight from Rome was delayed two hours then spent another hour on the tarmac before taking off. Arrived into LHR T5 at 10pm, too late for the Cork flight at 10:25, so herself tried to go to T2 to get go the Aer Lingus desk to sort a hotel, but was told she couldn't go there as T2 was closed.

She eventually got a hotel sorted through work, but there is not a single flight from London to Cork tomorrow, Aer Lingus or Ryanair. I looked up flights to Dublin, and those are all booked out too. So best case scenario she gets home on Monday.

It's all well and good to say "fly from Cork through one of the hubs, avoid Dublin" etc, but what an absolute shitshow, due to one delay in Rome.

This is why I've used Cork Airport around 4 times in the last 15 years. At least when you land in Dublin you're in the right country and a train or bus ride away from Cork.

The girlfriend was in Italy with work for the last week, she flew Cork to Rome with Ryanair on Monday and was due to come back today with BA/Aer Lingus via LHR.

Flight from Rome was delayed two hours then spent another hour on the tarmac before taking off. Arrived into LHR T5 at 10pm, too late for the Cork flight at 10:25, so herself tried to go to T2 to get go the Aer Lingus desk to sort a hotel, but was told she couldn't go there as T2 was closed.

She eventually got a hotel sorted through work, but there is not a single flight from London to Cork tomorrow, Aer Lingus or Ryanair. I looked up flights to Dublin, and those are all booked out too. So best case scenario she gets home on Monday.

It's all well and good to say "fly from Cork through one of the hubs, avoid Dublin" etc, but what an absolute shitshow, due to one delay in Rome.

This is why I've used Cork Airport around 4 times in the last 15 years. At least when you land in Dublin you're in the right country and a train or bus ride away from Cork.
Are you sure there are no Aer Lingus flights from Heathrow tomorrow?

I just checked and EI 711 is due to depart there to Cork at 09:20.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼