The Official Cork Vs Waterford Thread

AS little change as possible thats a bit difficult considering!

:D

Hence, him saying as little change as possible!

I think Cork will still win, don't think Waterford will have the bottle with being potential favourites-the rebel siege mentality will be in full effect and we will win! (I hope:)) Should be a great game!

let this game begin, even before this match has even started were down 3 exceptional players, but so what, have a look who's gonna come in, IMO shane o neill, kevin Hartnett and on goal martin coleman.

we the cork fans have to travel in force again to thurles to get behind our team once more, we the cork fans have be shouting and roaring till there is no air in our lungs left.

we have to rise to this occasion, we've won 50 Munster titles, 30 all Ireland's but this match means much more, the gaa are trying to upset us with suspending the 3 three lads, big fucking mistake, they've pissed us off now and i know the rest of the lads on the panel will fight for every single ball, they will fight like there lives depended on it, when they put on that red n white jersey there not playing for cloyne,piarsaigh,erins own or newtown etc etc. there playing for cork, this jersey means so much to them, to us, the cork gaa fans we're like the 16th man to cork hurlers, were up against it this Sunday but we have to be hungry this Sunday we have to put everything into this match, were playing a team who we know very well and IMO a team i hate more than Dublin, these shower of k******s are going to thurles thinking they've won the last 6 all Ireland's, there an ignorant cocky bunch of scumbags and we the cork fans have to quieten them on Sunday

come on the rebels

lets go for 3 in a row Munster titles

corcaigh abu
Are you Jon Kenny?

let this game begin, even before this match has even started were down 3 exceptional players, but so what, have a look who's gonna come in, IMO shane o neill, kevin Hartnett and on goal martin coleman.

we the cork fans have to travel in force again to thurles to get behind our team once more, we the cork fans have be shouting and roaring till there is no air in our lungs left.

we have to rise to this occasion, we've won 50 Munster titles, 30 all Ireland's but this match means much more, the gaa are trying to upset us with suspending the 3 three lads, big fucking mistake, they've pissed us off now and i know the rest of the lads on the panel will fight for every single ball, they will fight like there lives depended on it, when they put on that red n white jersey there not playing for cloyne,piarsaigh,erins own or newtown etc etc. there playing for cork, this jersey means so much to them, to us, the cork gaa fans we're like the 16th man to cork hurlers, were up against it this Sunday but we have to be hungry this Sunday we have to put everything into this match, were playing a team who we know very well and IMO a team i hate more than Dublin, these shower of k******s are going to thurles thinking they've won the last 6 all Ireland's, there an ignorant cocky bunch of scumbags and we the cork fans have to quieten them on Sunday

come on the rebels

lets go for 3 in a row Munster titles

corcaigh abu

If he had been this up for the clash with the Autobots, Optimus Prime and company would have never stood a chance!!!

-AmadeusDC-

AS little change as possible thats a bit difficult considering!

:D

Oh yes how the blahs bitched when Mullane missed the '04 semi-final against Kilkenny. Short memories.

If Waterford win on Sunday I think they'll be praying to avoid Cork later on in the Championship. Motivation was a lot of Cork peoples worries with regards the All Ireland attempt. Now they've been handed plenty of it.

It was like Waterford last year against Tipp, weakened in Munster they gained revenge when it was knock-out.

It was like Waterford last year against Tipp, weakened in Munster they gained revenge when it was knock-out.

You could very well get that scenario happening again, with Waterford and Cork meeting at the 1/4 final stage this year. Can't wait for sunday now, have been listening to a waterford woman going on and on about them beating us out the gate for the past 2 weeks, would love to shut her up with a win on sunday!

You could very well get that scenario happening again, with Waterford and Cork meeting at the 1/4 final stage this year. Can't wait for sunday now, have been listening to a waterford woman going on and on about them beating us out the gate for the past 2 weeks, would love to shut her up with a win on sunday!

I know a couple of Waterford lads who are sound enough but are completely blinkered when it comes to hurling. They think their Eoin Kelly is a better hurler than Ben O'Connor. And wait for it, that Mullane is the best corner forward in Ireland because he requires such close attention.

Then I just mentioned the names Deane, the real Eoin Kelly, even Paul O'Flynn not to mention Kilkenny's reasources in the forwards.

Oh yes how the blahs bitched when Mullane missed the '04 semi-final against Kilkenny. Short memories.

If Waterford win on Sunday I think they'll be praying to avoid Cork later on in the Championship. Motivation was a lot of Cork peoples worries with regards the All Ireland attempt. Now they've been handed plenty of it.

Are you langers serious??? When Mullane was suspended in 04 he took the punishment & didn't whinge like you lot. And he wasn't even caught on camera as clearly as the Cork & Clare players were (even though he was black & blue after the game from the punishment he got). While the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, if you are caught on camera you have to pay the price.
I think Waterford would prefer a full strength Cork team anyway so there won't be any more whinging if you're beaten.

Are you langers serious??? When Mullane was suspended in 04 he took the punishment & didn't whinge like you lot. And he wasn't even caught on camera as clearly as the Cork & Clare players were (even though he was black & blue after the game from the punishment he got). While the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, if you are caught on camera you have to pay the price.
I think Waterford would prefer a full strength Cork team anyway so there won't be any more whinging if you're beaten.

Geraghty was caught on camera and he hasn't paid a price. Dirty Dara was caught on camera stamping on Nicholas Murphy in the All Ireland Semi final last year, he wasn't suspended either. The main problem we have here is that there is absolutely NO CONSISTENCY from the GAA in relation to off the ball incidents and scraps like this.
Frank Lohan was seen by all and sundry to ram his hurley into Donal Og Cusack to start the whole scrap, was he cited, no! The whole thing is a shambles. They may aswell have stuck all the players names into a hat and drawn out 4 from each side to suspend, they'd probably have been more accurate.

By the way, the phrase "he wasn't caught as clearly" blows away any defence of Mullane in 04 as he was still caught on camera.

You'll also notice if you'd care to have a proper look around, that people aren't whinging about the suspensions, merely how they have been handed down and how the authorities that be have dealt so awfully with this whole affair. 3 weeks later and still no definite resolution.

I agree there no consistency in the GAA. But the Cork players could follow the example that Mullane showed & not appeal if they did something wrong - which they obviously did. As far as I can see the argument is 'they got away with it so why shouldn't we?' This martyr stuff shown by Cork & Clare is getting a bit tiresome at this stage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼