The Official Cork Vs Waterford Thread

Ok so this game is still hard to call because of the unknown fate of the 'Semple 4'. If those players are unavailable this is the team I'd pick for the Waterford match.

Nash

Brian Murphy
Cian O'C
Shane O'Neill

Tom Kenny
Curran
Kevin Hartnett

Hero
Jerry (if he's fit)

Timmy
Niall Mc
Pa Cronin

Ben
Fraggie
Deano

Ok I've broken up the regular midfield duo but maybe having 4 players making their 1st championship start in the one area of the field is a bit much so I'm reverting Tom Kenny to his '03 position. Remember he was MOTM in the '03 Munster Final against the same opposition.

Also my belief is that the Waterford forwards are more physical than technical which in many ways may make them easier to defend against.

With that team I'm still hopeful that we can beat Waterford.

Ok so this game is still hard to call because of the unknown fate of the 'Semple 4'. If those players are unavailable this is the team I'd pick for the Waterford match.

Nash

Brian Murphy
Cian O'C
Shane O'Neill

Tom Kenny
Curran
Kevin Hartnett

Hero
Jerry (if he's fit)

Timmy
Niall Mc
Pa Cronin

Ben
Fraggie
Deano

Ok I've broken up the regular midfield duo but maybe having 4 players making their 1st championship start in the one area of the field is a bit much so I'm reverting Tom Kenny to his '03 position. Remember he was MOTM in the '03 Munster Final against the same opposition.

Also my belief is that the Waterford forwards are more physical than technical which in many ways may make them easier to defend against.

With that team I'm still hopeful that we can beat Waterford.

would agree with that for the most part, should Jerry not be fit however I'd put Kenny back at midfield and bring in Peter Kelly or Graham Callinan at wing back.
Coleman has a strong claim for goal aswell, will be very tough to pick between himself and Nash

would agree with that for the most part, should Jerry not be fit however I'd put Kenny back at midfield and bring in Peter Kelly or Graham Callinan at wing back.
Coleman has a strong claim for goal aswell, will be very tough to pick between himself and Nash

agreed on the midfield if Jerry is out.

As for goal I've seen a good bit of both & Nash for me is a better keeper. Where Coleman has an advantage is his ability to score frees from inside his own '45 and is a little bit older but for me Nash is the best shot stopper in Cork.

jerry is fit and if the 4 are suspended i think it will go with

nash, s o neill, harnett and callnan coming in the half back line and keeping the midfield together, if we keep hero in the half forward line that'll make a stronger one to 9, hero would only weakin the midfield, callnan is more than able to look after himself in the halfback line.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼