The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
I’m not sure it’s a fair spread picking 8 divisional winners when the divisions aren’t even.

I’d have allowed all finalists to make a last 16 and then the last 8 from there make up the 8 that go up. It will make for some good divisions this year though.

I’m not sure it’s a fair spread picking 8 divisional winners when the divisions aren’t even.

I’d have allowed all finalists to make a last 16 and then the last 8 from there make up the 8 that go up. It will make for some good divisions this year though.
Agreed, daft stuff. To consider Beara a division equal to Muskerry, Duhallow or Carbery is just silly.

Good organise Junior property at county wide level, and it might now sort out the standard between junior and intermediate where junior champions are cake walking the intermediate grade the following year. The labelling is disingenuous though. The lower Intermediate grades should be premier junior, that's an accurate reflection of the standard.

Ideally, the GAA at national level would set out clear criteria for which grade should be called what to allow for entry into the national club competitions.

Agreed, daft stuff. To consider Beara a division equal to Muskerry, Duhallow or Carbery is just silly.
Basically Urhan get in to Premier Junior on the basis of geography and there’s only a few teams left in Duhallow too so that’s even further decimated because one will be gone. Doesn’t really make full sense to make it a winners scenario.

Good organise Junior property at county wide level, and it might now sort out the standard between junior and intermediate where junior champions are cake walking the intermediate grade the following year. The labelling is disingenuous though. The lower Intermediate grades should be premier junior, that's an accurate reflection of the standard.

Ideally, the GAA at national level would set out clear criteria for which grade should be called what to allow for entry into the national club competitions.
I agree. Intermediate A should have been made Premier Junior because that’s about all it is but this is what the clubs voted for.

I still maintain all the grade names are wrong if we want to really reflect their standard other than the top senior level.

I think its a good result and now the division s can play there Championships during the summer no Munster deadlines , of course the Divisions are un equal but all those finals are hotly contested and i presume you will have a Junior A County Championship as is with the winners going up Premier Junior ..we have such a huge amount of clubs you have to have these grades ...might make us stronger in Munster as time goes by as well.

So in theory now it won’t happen ,could the same cork team be all Ireland junior champions 2 years in a row.
Because in 2023 the 8 teams that make the county section of junior a championship in 2022 one of whom will represent cork in Munster.
Will then be premier junior and could quite possibly win that championship again and thus be representing cork in Munster again.

And in theory could be all Ireland junior champions 2 years in a row.

Or am I misreading something

So in theory now it won’t happen ,could the same cork team be all Ireland junior champions 2 years in a row.
Because in 2023 the 8 teams that make the county section of junior a championship in 2022 one of whom will represent cork in Munster.
Will then be premier junior and could quite possibly win that championship again and thus be representing cork in Munster again.

At a guess I’m going to say no. The winners of the junior county will go to intermediate A.

So it will likely mean 5 teams are relegated from intermediate A next year. 1 will be promoted.

That means 5 relegated teams and the 7 divisional winners will make up a 12 team premier junior.

Ballygiblin could in the Junior Hurling!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼