Sweden moving in the direction of the right wing

EU freedom of movement isn't the issue

Commitment to housing Ukrainian refugees was the right thing to do.

McEntee and O'Gorman have however facilitated an exponential jump in the numbers seeking asylum in Ireland

To the point that theyve had to change the rules on people seeking asylum in Ireland after entering another European country first.

We have not been able to cope with the influx over the last few years. This is what happens when you don't enforce immigration caps and controls. Theres nothing particularly controversial or 'right wing' in saying that.

Sweden has massively rowed back on the policies we've been pursuing owing to the societal problems it has been causing. The recent election reflects this.

It'll never happen in Ireland, as we're somehow uniqeuely different, right ....right?
So long as the rules remain changed for the foreseeable future we'll be ok.
From my understanding the only way you can gain refugee status now is to come here directly from outside Europe, already have a immediate relative here in the system or be from Ukraine.
Our major problem is housing not employment, we should concentrate on housing and assimilating what we have now before we ever even consider going back to the former way of doing things.

What Sweden did was pure insanity.

This is what happens every time when you spout bollox.

Ireland does not have an "Open borders" policy.

But you knew that.

So you don't accept that our immigration policy was lacking adequate controls?

I guess they just changed the rules for the laugh .

Nothing to do with being close to collapse.

So you don't accept that our immigration policy was lacking adequate controls?

I guess they just changed the rules for the laugh .

Nothing to do with not being close to collapse.
Let it go Dan.

Ireland does not have an "Open borders" policy.

We would be swamped if it had.

I'm sure I read something a few days ago that Holland has the same kinda numbers as Sweden however the Dutch provide 30% of new apartments/developments for them which increases the chances of integration with the locals (not a perfect system I know) where as the Swedes just create ghetto type locations where they are all put there, away from the locals.
Holland has always been multiracial and muti cultural to some extent as a result of it's former colonies.
However Sweden went from mono cultural to multi in a record breaking time frame. The majority (over 7 million)from Muslim countries.
It was bound to cause cultural, economic and societal problems.

Holland has always been multiracial and muti cultural to some extent as a result of it's former colonies.
However Sweden went from mono cultural to multi in a record breaking time frame. The majority (over 7 million)from Muslim countries.
It was bound to cause cultural, economic and societal problems.
This is a good point as like the U.K. it had to take in people from the Dutch east Indies etc. while Sweden was always a bit insular while the Netherlands is very liberal and open for trade for many centuries while Sweden trampled on its neighbours.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

8th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼