Sweden moving in the direction of the right wing

Centrists are adopting the politics of the slightly right as its what the electorate are voting for.

Namely proper immigration controls and caps. Our own centre right party have done the same as it became apparent that our existing policy was open to abuse and was stretching the system to collapse.

The left are too busy tying themselves up in knots about identity politics to worry about winning elections.
What about her views on abortion and the LBGTQ community, her admiration of Orban, her “We will defend God, the homeland and the family” statement.
You are after all voting for the whole package.

Nasty working class ladder climber latching on to controversial topics to take her to the top rung.

That's my reading of her anyway....

Radio 1 had some Italian guy from UCC on , went to town on her.

Not much objectivity there.

Or any information really, classic shoddy RTE.

They'll be mystified as right of centre politics takes off here 🙄

Last edited:
Nasty working class ladder climber latching on to controversial topics to take her to the top rung.

That's my reading of her anyway....
It's over simplistic. The rise of the right is always a symptom of something, in this case the rising tide of mainly African immigrants on their shores. I was in southern Italy before Covid and I couldn't believe how many of them were there at that time and it's only gone up.
And that's all into an already pretty impoverished area.
That's a fertile breeding ground for the right, same as in Sweden, Hungry and even the UK.

It's over simplistic. The rise of the right is always a symptom of something, in this case the rising tide of mainly African immigrants on their shores. I was in southern Italy before Covid and I couldn't believe how many of them were there at that time and it's only gone up.
And that's all into an already pretty impoverished area.
That's a fertile breeding ground for the right, same as in Sweden, Hungry and even the UK.

Dismissing centre right politics as the 'far right' boogeyman is just ostrich stuff from the national broadcaster.

It's evident in this country too with the msin parties eventually waking upto our immigration system being abused by all comers.

Sweden, Denmark, now Italy are all moving from the disastrous politics of the left.

Le Pen lost out over her anti- Europe position, but not by much.

RTE funnily enough are probably one of the least inclusive organisations in the country. Its all white, university educated presenters. Where are the black newsreaders and thick regional/dub accents?

They're like the BBC in the sixties, out of touch and unrepresentative.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼