Stephen Kenny Reign

Exactly. We did what we could.

Some of the criticisms of Kenny when we play teams we're supposedly much better than are very valid, but he did everything right last night.

The Dutch, another team with much better players than us gave Mbappe, Greizman and Kula Muani the freedom of the park and they ripped them a new one. They'd have done similar if we'd did the same.

That we kept those players to very limited opportunities was a good night's work and would have got us a point on another night.
Agreed, it’d have been suicidal to do what the Dutch tried (albeit with plenty players missing).

Who was that fella in goals by the way? thought Kelleher would get a game

I can't understand why Kenny hasn't bought new top class international players in the transfer window. What's he waiting for.
We need a top class holding midfielder and striker.. haven’t replaced the two Keane’s since they were allowed to leave on frees. It’s time for the FAI to pony up or sell the country to someone who can afford the investment required to return us to the top tier of international football

Agreed, it’d have been suicidal to do what the Dutch tried (albeit with plenty players missing).

Who was that fella in goals by the way? thought Kelleher would get a game
Gavin Bizouma. Ever present for Southampton this year. Not having a good season according to some stat nerds on Pods I listen to (post shot xG is supposedly poor).

Yes m8, we really should be beating or drawing with the giants of international football with a few lower EPL players, and a few fellas scrapped together from the championship.

There's something faintly comical about being called a moron by a fucking moron tbf.

Where did I ever say we should have drawn or won? I'm grousing about the crowd cheering on every dispossession and coin-toss win as if it were the battle of the Bulge. We'd need to grow up and get a sense of perspective, these days are long in the rear-view mirror. Imagine celebrating earning a corner with the same giddiness as Mary-Jane Rottencrotch going round back of the bike shed for her first feel-up.

Shouldn't have called you a moron, you're a cretin obviously.

Where did I ever say we should have drawn or won? I'm grousing about the crowd cheering on every dispossession and coin-toss win as if it were the battle of the Bulge. We'd need to grow up and get a sense of perspective, these days are long in the rear-view mirror. Imagine celebrating earning a corner with the same giddiness as Mary-Jane Rottencrotch going round back of the bike shed for her first feel-up.

Shouldn't have called you a moron, you're a cretin obviously.
Ever been to a match in turkey, m8?
They boo every touch by the opposition. They would slash the ref to pieces if they could for not awarding a freekick. They cheer every touch from their own players.
That's what home advantage is about.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Comedy Cavern Showcase

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼