Stephen Kenny Reign

You're right.. we should have played those galactico, world-cup final losing, garlic munchers off the pitch. It doesn't matter that they can field an entire team playing at the truly elite clubs in Europe, we would have beaten them by at least 3 if we had just taken the ball and tiki-taka'd it down the middle. Who had they got there anyway? Chimichanga and Chow Meiny.. two lads in the middle that sound like they should be on a menu, and Konate and KeepyUppy-mecano whoever they are

I'd write a strongly worded letter to the head of the FAI about this if I knew who the gender-number-balancing-wan was
Classic work, de_mange_Y, me oul segocia.

Work away, keep celebrating moral victories, there must be a trophy and open-top bus parade for that someplace, a-la 1990.

Something faintly comical about being called a langer by a moron.
What do you want, though? I mean, realistically, what is the absolute best, everyone playing their best ball that you would expect? Could we have nicked a draw? Even a win? Possibly.

But over a campaign, with France and The Netherlands in our group, what do you expect?

Where did I ever say we should have drawn or won? I'm grousing about the crowd cheering on every dispossession and coin-toss win as if it were the battle of the Bulge. We'd need to grow up and get a sense of perspective, these days are long in the rear-view mirror. Imagine celebrating earning a corner with the same giddiness as Mary-Jane Rottencrotch going round back of the bike shed for her first feel-up.

Shouldn't have called you a moron, you're a cretin obviously.
Where did I ever say we should have drawn or won? I'm grousing about the crowd cheering on every dispossession and coin-toss win as if it were the battle of the Bulge. We'd need to grow up and get a sense of perspective, these days are long in the rear-view mirror. Imagine celebrating earning a corner with the same giddiness as Mary-Jane Rottencrotch going round back of the bike shed for her first feel-up.

Shouldn't have called you a moron, you're a cretin obviously.
Call me anything you want m8.

You'll still be an ìdiot afterwards

What do you want, though? I mean, realistically, what is the absolute best, everyone playing their best ball that you would expect? Could we have nicked a draw? Even a win? Possibly.

But over a campaign, with France and The Netherlands in our group, what do you expect?
Obviously we should just poach Pep away from City, turn James McClean into Pirlo and win the WC.

Simple, innit?

I mean, isn't he?

I'm sorry, you're right. It could never happen that an international minnow with players drawn from the lower leagues could hope to compete, or even defeat, one of the top continental teams, boasting players from Europe's top clubs. Not even at home.

So far the jury's out.
Moral victories are well and good but failing to beat the other teams bar the Dutch at home won't cut the mustard.
To say we don't have the players is another cop out. Plenty of young players coming through. Enough that we should be at least challenging for second place.

I bet you Michael O Neill would bring our team close to qualification, I'm not so sure about Kenny.
A few poor results against 'the minnows' and our qualification chance will be gone and he should be gone in that case with it.

So far the jury's out.
Moral victories are well and good but failing to beat the other teams bar the Dutch at home won't cut the mustard.
To say we don't have the players is another cop out. Plenty of young players coming through. Enough that we should be at least challenging for second place.

I bet you Michael O Neill would bring our team close to qualification, I'm not so sure about Kenny.
A few poor results against 'the minnows' and our qualification chance will be gone and he should be gone in that case with it.
I doubt anyone would disagree with that THK, surely no one is saying that giving it a good crack against france and then losing the games to Greece is fine?

We had a good shot at france, it showed we can play a possession based game, we made some chances, and were solid defensively on the whole. I can see no reason looking at our squad why Greece would not fancy taking us themselves, I'd say we will be relatively well matched when it comes and that is our big problem. We need to find a way that we are getting those results and be relatively confident we can. Thats where Kenny will succeed or fail, because if we cannot take a win and a draw from them then he is getting no more than the basic sum of the parts from our gang. If we get 4 points or more then i would consider that really good going and Kenny exceeding expectation.

The Dutch are a good level above us, but hopefully we can get a result in Dublin. I cant see any more than that away to them, and France will be waiting for us in Paris to correct things!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seattle Grunge Experience
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼