Spiegeltent

We're hoping to bring back a slightly bigger Spiegeltent (400 people as opposed to this year's 300) next summer but we'll have to find a new place for it; this year's was only just big enough for the smaller tent and probably won't be available next summer anyway.

Emmet Place might have too much of a slope, the top and bottom of Grand Parade are too small, Bishop Lucey just doesn't work. We thought about Fitzgerald's Park (also easier to get a late licence there we think). If you wanted to go to the tent do you think you would go there regularly? Can you think of any alternative places? It would be dead helpful to hear any thoughts.

(And we do hope that we can get rid of the stoopid "24hr in advance tickets and shut at midnight" laws.)

On a barge in the middle of the Lee!

Are there any car parks in the city large enough? Cricket grounds on the mardyke? UCC grounds?

Fitzgeralds park would be grand, but I wouldn't be too confident about the late license with its proximity to the river, poor public lighting etc.

Fitzy's would be class
People will travel to the moon if it's good enough and judging by last years roaring success i reckon it will be be even better next year.
Somewhere down near the showgrounds/marina might be worth considering too or maybe somewhere totally different like the Japanese Gardens in Douglas (although i presume there would be serious obstacles to that!)

STEVIEG said:
serious obstacles

chavs_20050318_2.jpg

say hello to damo, anto and stevo.​

STEVIEG said:
Fitzy's would be class
People will travel to the moon if it's good enough and judging by last years roaring success i reckon it will be be even better next year.
Somewhere down near the showgrounds/marina might be worth considering too or maybe somewhere totally different like the Japanese Gardens in Douglas (although i presume there would be serious obstacles to that!)

The showgrounds would be good actually.

Japanese gardens would be a problem because it in the middle of a residential area and the neighbours in the surrounding area have the police on speed dial at this stage. They're not ones for disturbances at night.

emerh said:
The showgrounds would be good actually.

Japanese gardens would be a problem because it in the middle of a residential area and the neighbours in the surrounding area have the police on speed dial at this stage. They're not ones for disturbances at night.

True

Samarkand said:
We're hoping to bring back a slightly bigger Spiegeltent (400 people as opposed to this year's 300) next summer but we'll have to find a new place for it; this year's was only just big enough for the smaller tent and probably won't be available next summer anyway.

Emmet Place might have too much of a slope, the top and bottom of Grand Parade are too small, Bishop Lucey just doesn't work. We thought about Fitzgerald's Park (also easier to get a late licence there we think). If you wanted to go to the tent do you think you would go there regularly? Can you think of any alternative places? It would be dead helpful to hear any thoughts.
\

my front garden

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼