Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 2 Points

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 1 Point

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 0 Point

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
In fairness Wigglesworth isnt a bad replacement if the worse came to the worst.

Could be a good game if both backlines get going.

It should be a great game because whoever wins will probably win the pool and be certain of a place in the quarter finals and whoever loses will have to hope for one of the two best runner up places

In fairness Wigglesworth isnt a bad replacement if the worse came to the worst.

Could be a good game if both backlines get going.
It's a serious test for McGahan and questions about Laurie Fisher's work that hitherto were merely grumbles are gaining in volume...

I don't think we can really afford to lose against Sale because Clermont will want a piece of our backsides irrespective of anything else purely for revenge. If we come away with our hands hanging as in 2005/06 then we are in real, real trouble.

If I'm being honest, I don't expect us to get out of the group.

It's a serious test for McGahan and questions about Laurie Fisher's work that hitherto were merely grumbles are gaining in volume...

I don't think we can really afford to lose against Sale because Clermont will want a piece of our backsides irrespective of anything else purely for revenge. If we come away with our hands hanging as in 2005/06 then we are in real, real trouble.

If I'm being honest, I don't expect us to get out of the group.

If we win the game we should win the pool if we do not win and come away without a point we probably will not get out of the pool because the two best runners up spots will probably go to Toulouse/Bath Stade Francais/Harlequins

If we win the game we should win the pool

I disagree, it's the minimum for retaining any hope of winning given Sale's result in Clermont. We could win this game then get turned over by both CSA and Montabaun away. Neither is wholly unrealistic.

If we do not win and come away without a point we probably will not get out of the pool because the two best runners up spots will probably go to Toulouse/Bath Stade Francais/Harlequins

Agree but it's worse than that; Even a point leaves us with a tricky situation requiring us to double CSA with a minimum of 9 points and do over Sale/Montabaun in the return legs for 8. That would give us 22. Assuming Sale win all their games bar Toomint that's a minimum of 21 points. They'll pick up more than that.

Last edited:
Definitely a must win game. lose this, then we can't afford to lose again, and thats no guarantee with a trip to clermont, and lets face it, Montauban will be no pushovers over there either.

Lose on sunday and I feel its game over.

Two Sale players Rudi Keil and Kris Ormsby have been cited over incidents in the game against Clemont and could miss the Munster game on Sunday which would be a big boost to Munsters chances of beating Sale ...something which i believe that they have got to do to reach the Quarter Finals

Ormsby has got a one week ban which means that he will miss the game on Sunday and will be a very big loss for Sale Rudi Keil was not found guilty of any offence is free to play if selected

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼