Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

This is the third case in recent years of a mother being charged with murdering her child or children, we need less sympathy for the killers and more questions as to why this is happening imho.
What are the other two cases you are thinking of?

We have an answer as to what happened in the Deirdre Morley case.

Reading between the lines it seems the father had sought custody of the poor boy,
A case of the mother thinking if i cant have him nobody can, so so sad,

Maybe it’s best that people don’t have such discussions on social media particularly on the day of the poor lad’s funeral? Just a thought.

Morley and Lynn Eggar, the latter burned her two children to death.
Morley had well documented mental health struggles. I think the state have to take a fair degree of blame in that case.

Egger is harder to understand. She was mentally competent and because she plead guilty we didn't get any details as to motive.

Morley had well documented mental health struggles. I think the state have to take a fair degree of blame in that case.

Egger is harder to understand. She was mentally competent and because she plead guilty we didn't get any details as to motive.
Whatever the circumstances all of them should never walk on free soil again imo

Whole life orders like the Uk should be implemented here

THE heartbroken father of Matthew Healy (6) sobbed as he stood in front of his little boy's coffin and said he was devastated at not being able to be there to save him in the early hours of last Friday morning in Waterford.

Mourners at Matthew's Requiem Mass openly wept as James Healy, in an emotion-charged eulogy to his son, said it was "the honour and privilege of my life to be Matthew's father" and that his death had taken from the world a little boy made up of "pure joy" and "happiness."

Matthew's mother, Ruth Purcell-Healy (37), was charged with the murder of the little boy before a special sitting of Waterford District Court on Tuesday evening - just hours before Matthew's Requiem Mass was to take place in Cork.

Family bring Lego, jellies, arts and crafts and a cycling helmet to the altar as gifts

Father of Matthew Healy (6) thanks emergency services and first responders for their help.

He says: ‘In his so very short six years and nearly nine months on this earth, Matthew made an immense impact’.

Whatever the circumstances all of them should never walk on free soil again imo

Whole life orders like the Uk should be implemented here
For wilful murder I can see merit in that. For someone who is mentally ill to the extent that they don't know what they are doing that seems incredibly harsh.

If someone got a heart attack while driving and killed their child would you seek to have them locked up for the rest of their life?

For wilful murder I can see merit in that. For someone who is mentally ill to the extent that they don't know what they are doing that seems incredibly harsh.

If someone got a heart attack while driving and killed their child would you seek to have them locked up for the rest of their life?
Sorry but I don’t recognise mental health in that vein. All of the above names knew what they were doing. The fact to the success of all the killings proves to me that it was calculated predetermined not just some random thought

Sorry but I don’t recognise mental health in that vein. All of the above names knew what they were doing. The fact to the success of all the killings proves to me that it was calculated predetermined not just some random thought
Its a matter of fact rather than opinion though so whether or not you "recognise mental health" is irrelevant.

Deirdre Morley was found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼