Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Something that popped into my head today is that the 1999 All Ireland winning side will be in Croke Park on All Ireland final day as the 25th anniversary team. Hard to believe it's 25 years, seems like yesterday getting drenched wet on Hill 16
Could be the first anniversary team to get booed after all their strikes.

Waterford have a worse case of recurring injuries than us. De Burka & Bennett must be close to packing it while been the best of them.
If Cork are at anything this year, we need to wallop their depleted team & kicked off this Friday by U20's

Out of interest what will the Waterford team look like?

Will Prunty and De Burka play?
Will they have everyone back fit?
They’re both back but de Burca highly unlikely to start against cork, prunty 50/50. Iarlaith Daly & Patrick Fitz (he’s still u20 would you believe) are back also.

At a guess

O brien
Kenny. M Fitzgerald. M power
Fagan. Daly. C Lyons
Leavy. D Lyons
Prendergast. J Barron. Montgomery
P hogan. Kiely. Dessie

Bennett, prunty, Patrick Fitz , Patrick Curran , Tom Barron, Kevin Mahony could all easily be on that , much harder to call than the cork team

They’re both back but de Burca highly unlikely to start against cork, prunty 50/50. Iarlaith Daly & Patrick Fitz (he’s still u20 would you believe) are back also.

At a guess

O brien
Kenny. M Fitzgerald. M power
Fagan. Daly. C Lyons
Leavy. D Lyons
Prendergast. J Barron. Montgomery
P hogan. Kiely. Dessie

Bennett, prunty, Patrick Fitz , Patrick Curran , Tom Barron, Kevin Mahony could all easily be on that , much harder to call than the cork team
Not a bad team at all. Plenty of talent in that side, lot of Waterfords issues are head related, and having a manager who is constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

Remember in last years championship Limerick only scraped over them in Rd 1. My abiding memory of the game is a Waterford player (possibly Bennett) getting a rotten head high shot from a Limerick player (Hegarty I think but not 100% sure).
If Cork go down to Walsh Park expecting a cake walk then we'll be bate back up the N25. Our performance against them in the 2cd half of last years championship game was only alright so and we nearly collapsed against them in the league a few weeks ago so I presume all concerned in the Cork camp will be wary of them.

The Waterford game is a defining game for us. Win it and the glass is half full and we are on the front foot for the Clare game 7 days later. Lose it and getting out of Munster becomes highly improbable. Davy will have his lads wound up to the 90s and they will try and frustrate Cork every way possible. We can win it for sure but it’s likely to be an ugly dog fight.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼