Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He’s our most dangerous forward if he’s right. Can win ball high and low, he’s seriously strong on the ball, he’s willing to take people on and has a serious burst of speed.
He’s not had enough game time though - he wasn’t firing on all cylinders before this latest injury - so nobody knows how he’s going to go at this stage. I wouldn’t be pinning all my hopes on him coming good.
I keep hearing people say he wasn’t firing on all cylinders as if we saw a good sample size. He played a couple of games. Way too little to surmise that he can’t be the same player this year. Last time he came back from injury he was great and then he was hurt again. Leave him heal properly and I think you’ll find he will be great again.

Fawning over fake Praise from a County bankrolled by a Billionaire. Christ we have fallen. Waterford game is the wrong one for us, Davy has nothing to lose now and we are Deeply embedded in our "Cork Hurling God Delusion" . Clare game could be live or Die for us.

All these fellas naming Cork teams minus Harnedy & Hoggy would want their heads examined. Still our two best forwards when the chips are down. And that's not an insult, that is just a fact of life!

All these fellas naming Cork teams minus Harnedy & Hoggy would want their heads examined. Still our two best forwards when the chips are down. And that's not an insult, that is just a fact of life!
You start them , you will not get out of Munster. The legs are gone. This Sentimental Boys of Summer stuff will get us nowhere.

How do you know they are falling into the same trap? They literally haven’t lined out in the championship yet so you have no idea. And what trap is it exactly? Horgan and Harnedy certainly don’t fit into players who “don’t gather a ball under pressure.” So who is it? Kingston? No one believes he’ll start. Lehane? I guess you may have a case there but he’s not a nailed on starter and even if he is that’s one guy. I think you are overstating the issue.
You’re right, I don’t know if we are going to - I was replying to a post with a likely selection based on what’s been happening in the league. That might not be the case of course.

The 'trap' is watching some of the same lads do ok from march to may (including early championship rounds) but then falling short on the crunch day. Individually they're all fine players but chinks have been exposed in the last few years and logic would suggest they'll reappear unless we evolve in a few areas. If you haven't done it, go and rewatch the limerick game from last year. We go from hanging in there quite impressively in the first half, our shooting was so accurate... then quite a poor second half really - loads of sloppy errors, papered over by a late burst. Limerick should have been beaten and knocked out, no question.

We have massive potential but, until we see it, we have loads of question marks still.

You start them , you will not get out of Munster. The legs are gone. This Sentimental Boys of Summer stuff will get us nowhere.

With Bluemagic on this one, I think both will start. Harnedy as we need one option for puck outs, and Hoggy because despite all the doom and gloom about him he is still one our more dangerous forwards. Quality of ball is key.
Sentiment is one thing, needs must is another.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼