Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not a bad team at all. Plenty of talent in that side, lot of Waterfords issues are head related, and having a manager who is constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

Remember in last years championship Limerick only scraped over them in Rd 1. My abiding memory of the game is a Waterford player (possibly Bennett) getting a rotten head high shot from a Limerick player (Hegarty I think but not 100% sure).
If Cork go down to Walsh Park expecting a cake walk then we'll be bate back up the N25. Our performance against them in the 2cd half of last years championship game was only alright so and we nearly collapsed against them in the league a few weeks ago so I presume all concerned in the Cork camp will be wary of them.
Nail on the head.

They’re both back but de Burca highly unlikely to start against cork, prunty 50/50. Iarlaith Daly & Patrick Fitz (he’s still u20 would you believe) are back also.

At a guess

O brien
Kenny. M Fitzgerald. M power
Fagan. Daly. C Lyons
Leavy. D Lyons
Prendergast. J Barron. Montgomery
P hogan. Kiely. Dessie

Bennett, prunty, Patrick Fitz , Patrick Curran , Tom Barron, Kevin Mahony could all easily be on that , much harder to call than the cork team
They’ve a good young lad padraigh Fitzgerald (kilrosanty) also who might feature in the forward, quick & accurate but small

The full Cork Limerick game from last year is worth a watch on YouTube. Rather than highlight the ref issues that have been well covered here, I was looking at what improvements can we expect/hope for this year.
Based on the league teams recently, it looks like 2-3 of the weaker performers v Limerick are unlikely to start on 21 April.
Watching the Meade role, you’d wonder if a fit Ethan Twomey could play that part later this season.
Lots of grounds for hope!

When Cork took a run at Limerick in first half, Kyle Hayes helmet came off for their traditional momentum breaker. Thankfully the rules this year mean he would have to leave the field and play would go on.
There’s no new rule to address their persistent fouling whenever there’s a smell of a developing Cork chance .. were at it again during the league

This forum is very embarrassing at times.

When Cork took a run at Limerick in first half, Kyle Hayes helmet came off for their traditional momentum breaker. Thankfully the rules this year mean he would have to leave the field and play would go on.
There’s no new rule to address their persistent fouling whenever there’s a smell of a developing Cork chance .. were at it again during the league

The full Cork Limerick game from last year is worth a watch on YouTube. Rather than highlight the ref issues that have been well covered here, I was looking at what improvements can we expect/hope for this year.
Based on the league teams recently, it looks like 2-3 of the weaker performers v Limerick are unlikely to start on 21 April.
Watching the Meade role, you’d wonder if a fit Ethan Twomey could play that part later this season.
Lots of grounds for hope!
Having watched it back recently what I took away was -
Cork were very efficient taking 80% of chances - scored 100% of their first 11 shots
TOM missed a bad goal chances
Half forward line were excellent overall, scored won puck outs, tackled hard.
Harnedy was best player, people should remember that. Hit 4/5 points from play
Limerick according to the RTE stats had 51 scoring chances to Corks 40 and hit a rake of wides - can’t cough up that many chance
Need to move SOD off Gillane this year, he was roasted

Harnedy was immense A lot of the limerick wides were partly due to good pressure from our guys We were 5-10 mins late with most of our substitutes Tim O Mahony put himself about a lot but had less positive impact than I’d thought at the time Kingston had a mare which seems to have continued into this season - as well as the errors he took points when goals were possibly an option Meade fully deserved his place but should have been withdrawn sooner Downey did a lot positive but seems sharper this season based on league form Can see why NOL has dropped down pecking order

Harnedy was immense A lot of the limerick wides were partly due to good pressure from our guys We were 5-10 mins late with most of our substitutes Tim O Mahony put himself about a lot but had less positive impact than I’d thought at the time Kingston had a mare which seems to have continued into this season - as well as the errors he took points when goals were possibly an option Meade fully deserved his place but should have been withdrawn sooner Downey did a lot positive but seems sharper this season based on league form Can see why NOL has dropped down pecking order
Yeah NOL badly turned over for the Cathal O Neill goal. criminal at this level.
Twomey had a good impact off the bench.
Downey struggled at times on Hegarty who had a huge impact in second half.

Also watched it recently and agree with 90% of the above but did not think Harnedy was that good. Gets 2 really good scores and 2 handy ones, he’s on Byrnes who is the most dominant player on the pitch particularly in the second half… whereas on the other side Roche does a really good job limiting Hayes influence.

Joyce and Dalton were unreal… fitzgibbon also very good, I would have thought more impactful than Harnedy for example. It’s quite a weird game to watch back, the second half is really exciting but quite poor quality from both teams. SOD doesn’t have a good day, gets a bit of a roasting and his distribution is way off also. Kingston staying on as long as he did was crazy - 2 forwards get replaced before him. Downey and a couple of others have a great first half but then struggle in the second half. Ethan twomey impressive (agree with a poster above who suggests he’s probably a better version of a Meade type of player). I had to rewind Lehane handpassing the ball to WOD for a limerick score a couple of times to try and understand what he might have been trying to do, didn’t find any answer though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Darts

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼