who is other guy conor asked
"henry shefflin" said the nurse, well said conor make sure you
pay more attention to my op because im more valuable to cork
than he is to kilkenny,
cusack told that story in sunday mail couple years ago,

Gas stuff lads

1233332_10153283173970585_962280802_n.jpg

They must have had some laugh doing that photo

What a lovely horse.We should paint more horses around the county in red and white!Oh and what a lovely photo of the Cork hurling legends and Waterford also ran of yesteryear.:)

great story about conor cusack,
he did his cruciate a few years ago and went to waterford for
surgery, on morning of op as he was been prepared a nurse said to him
"you are the second hurler in here today for same op"
who is other guy conor asked
"henry shefflin" said the nurse, well said conor make sure you
pay more attention to my op because im more valuable to cork
than he is to kilkenny,
cusack told that story in sunday mail couple years ago,

There was a great story Conor told in the Echo before.He was bought on as a sub in the ill fated 2006 all ireland final but the problem was that the fella that he was supposed to be replacing didn't come off the pitch.So John is there signalling from the sideline at Conor to come off the pitch.So Conor just moves out to the half forward line.John is still signalling to Conor so Conor moves out to midfield!The whole charade went on and on until Conor was out near the sideline and John was still signalling at Conor to come off!What happens then?An enraged Conor Cusack shouts ah for fuck sake John how much further do you want me to go!

There was a great story Conor told in the Echo before.He was bought on as a sub in the ill fated 2006 all ireland final but the problem was that the fella that he was supposed to be replacing didn't come off the pitch.So John is there signalling from the sideline at Conor to come off the pitch.So Conor just moves out to the half forward line.John is still signalling to Conor so Conor moves out to midfield!The whole charade went on and on until Conor was out near the sideline and John was still signalling at Conor to come off!What happens then?An enraged Conor Cusack shouts ah for fuck sake John how much further do you want me to go!

i read that story seemingly john allen said to him feck sake conor
you have to do things by the book here its not a junior b game ,

Cork Hurlers - Part 2 (previous thread now locked)

This thread is a continuation of the "Cork Hurlers" thread which has now been locked due to a bug in the mobile style/template version of the site which is invoked by extremely large threads.

Cork Hurlers - Part 1
http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143238

Note:
We are aware that there are problems with viewing large threads on mobile devices using the mobile skin/template/style.

There appears to be no issue when using the normal forum template – usually viewed on a non-mobile device like a regular PC or Mac.

We are hoping to upgrade the entire forum software before the end of the year and this will include a much better mobile skin.

On the advice of many other forum owners we have been reluctant to upgrade to the next version of the forum software until a large number of well known bugs in the software have been fully eliminated.

Now back to Cork hurling....

Due to technical difficulties on the Cork hurlers thread i'll post these here.

all-ireland: Seamus Haredy is injured has not trained since final

redpowers: must be from the incident when clare halfback tried to rip harnedys helmet off by the facemask (a red card offence by the way).

samsung: Harnedy is fine he took part in a training match the other night.

Blue & White: Well spotted Redpowers. Very bad tackle and could have done serious neck damage. Was it bugler or Colin Ryan and definitely sending off offence. Clare were generally fouling him all the time anyway. Davy conveniently missed that one.

Newry Rebel: Article from Pa Kelly, the Clare goalie below - the moaning about the Ref continues, talking about handy 21 yd frees, he picked the ball clean off the ground while Luke was simply dragged to the ground when he collected the ball in the 2nd half. A fantastic young team but I really hope they wont be ruined by the shennanigans of the poisonous dwarf as they are picking up every little unsavoury trait from him including the mile wide chip on the shoulder.

Clearly he never watched his own manager take a 21 or penalty before as he was a good 5/6 yds inside the 21 everytime he took one! The way they are going on you would swear Nash was the first man to ever throw a ball in front of him for a 21

Clare goalkeeper Pa Kelly hasn't ruled out rushing off his line again to charge down close-range frees on Saturday.

Cork were unhappy with the manner in which the Inagh-Kilnamona clubman advanced on Anthony Nash as he struck a 20-metre free in the drawn All-Ireland final and referee Brian Gavin subsequently warned him not to do it again. Kelly was almost on top of Nash when he struck his shot but he says he should be entitled to charge out:

"I've a strong opinion on that," he reveals in The Irish Independent. "In my view, once the player touches the ball, the goalie should be allowed attack the ball.

"It's in play. I took it off the body the last day. I'll put it to you this way, you can take a free by pulling on the ball on the ground. It's one strike of the ball. It's one touch.

"I started my run on the line. I came out. Would I do it again the next day? Who knows?

"It's a grey area, to be honest with you. Maybe the two of us were in the wrong. He has to be 20 metres away, but if you're 20 metres away from a man hitting a ball on the 13-yard line, it just doesn't make sense.

"So I think that rule has to be altered. There has been so much talk of it, something will have to be done. I know you can't encroach from a penalty. But from a 21... I don't know why he said it to me the second time. Maybe Anthony Nash had a word with him. He wasn't too happy that I came off my line.

"It happened. It's history now. And hopefully the referee won't give them any more handy 21-yard frees."

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Csm Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼