Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I like that team, I can see what they are trying to do and I hope it works. Unlike last week, and this is no slight on anyone, this team is very very close to what I would call our best available team.

The back line is our strongest 6 available right now. Very happy with them.

Id be slightly concerned we lack a little muscle in midfield but Tim is needed more at 10 and Brian Roche despite his youth won’t back down from anyone and Luke is the perfect partner for him as we will need to play through the lines on Sunday but just a little longer and faster than what we have been doing.

As I said during the week, starting Tim at 10 and switching Declan to 12 makes total sense.Tim and Hayes will be worth the admission fee on their own. Hopefully Seamus will start at 11, he can always interchange with Darragh, although I suspect we will see both play at half foward with Tim and Declan

but I really hope we play Darragh inside and with him and Shane Kingston in the other corner we have real speed and legs. Shane needs a huge game on Sunday to shut the critics (like me) who are not yet convinced, the guy is electric on the ball and I hope he produces what is in him. Having Darragh and Shane around Hoggy will help him, he may not be able to cover the ground like those two but give him good ball and he will do damage.

I am hugely excited by Sunday now, it may or may not work out on the scoreboard at the full time whistle but by Christ we are at least having a cut off them, bring it on
Well said Red, you did predict this line up during the week. A stakeknife in the camp😁?
Roll on Sunday and these boys will do everything they can to stay in there.

Well said Red, you did predict this line up during the week. A stakeknife in the camp😁?
Roll on Sunday and these boys will do everything they can to stay in there.
No inside information, just a belief that this is the way to go. To get the result we need it is going to take a sustained level of performance from our lads that they have yet to show but I believe that performance is in them

Come on Cork!

Last edited:
Just a comment on some of the comments made on here since the team was names
1. Limerick are not a team of tramps they are 1 of the best teams i have ever seen when in full flow
2. Defeat is not progress
3. This is the best team we could put out against them.
4. We will win as there are under way more pressure than them.

1. Limerick are not a team of tramps they are 1 of the best teams i have ever seen when in full flow
1 Limerick have some brilliant hurlers but a number of their team have crossed the line too many times for it to be accidental. Just as KK mastered the "KK tackle" of a hurly and/or arm hooked around the head/neck, too many Limerick hurlers "accidentaly on purpose" collide with opponents heads imho.

2 The squad have shown an improvement on last year so far. Hopefully we'll win but if we're still in the game in the last few minutes I think that's progress under the new manager

3 Hopefully each Cork player will play to their potential

4 Think it's too tight to call tbh. Limerick are improving and are an incredible squad. Will they still not be firing on enough cylinders to overcome Cork - only Sunday will tell I think

3. In your opinion.
4. They are under massive pressure but they've handled it well in the past.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼