Cork Footballers

Chris Kelly, Luke Fahy and Chris Og made GAA Team of the week.

Yet we had a poster here saying Kelly shouldn't be near the team 🤣 🤣

I like what Kelly has to offer, quick restarts and I also noticed that at time to get going quick he doesn't use the tee.
Confident as well out the field not afraid to sit around the 45/65 at times.
He looks like an ox as well. Powerfull fella, looks like he's carrying a few lbs but moreso that he has a big frame than is a fatty.

Was good under the dropping ball with the sun in his eyes

He's way more comfortable going short on kickouts than Martin. His whole demeanour standing over the ball is more confident and I think that encourages better movement from out field players.

Martin is a much better shot stopper to be fair to him.

I'd choose the fella who has better kickouts at the moment.
I don't think there's too much of a difference in shot stopping from what I've seen myself but absolutely agree with kick outs.

When our forwards arent at the races , and the running game we play is going nowhere (usually the case), what would be so wrong in having a big full forward on the bench to sub on and drill long balls into when backs are against the wall, it can cause havoc. And god knows anything is better than the shite we are bear witness to at times. Pacey lads like Chris og could be lethal off a broken ball . Last 10 mins of a game . Surely there’s some player in cork able for it. Corbett is a big lad but not the bear in the square kind.
Alan Walsh , Kanturk would be worth working with in this respect , very good hands from what I’ve seen of him with Cork 20s and MTU a work in progress but a big lad with potential in this area ….

Just on the support of this team....who thought it was a good idea for a cork under age team (think it was minors) to be training in the astro while the game was on ? Those lads should have either trained before or after the match...

I thought I saw them on the main pitch after the match

Alan Walsh , Kanturk would be worth working with in this respect , very good hands from what I’ve seen of him with Cork 20s and MTU a work in progress but a big lad with potential in this area ….
No Corbett has to be supplied in space same as Sherlock . Don’t like the rough and tumble but great in space

He was well bottled up yesterday against an average limerick team . Cork half forward line will have to move Kerry half back line to make space and room inside for our danger men to flourish

No Corbett has to be supplied in space same as Sherlock . Don’t like the rough and tumble but great in space

He can win it anyway very powerful player, serious goal threat and scored as much from play as Hurley did the other day. Jones and Corbett are our best inside players with Hurley and Sherlock battling for the 3rd position which Sherlock should get as he is more accurate

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

That They May Face The Rising Sun (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:15pm

More events ▼