Cork Footballers

Just a question for any lads who have been at any games we have played this year in the flesh, How are we looking physically from an S&C point of view with regard to our play? Are guys able to hold their own in the tackle, make tackles etc? It looks as if we are able to go a lot further in the games so far fitness wise than previously.

Just a question for any lads who have been at any games we have played this year in the flesh, How are we looking physically from an S&C point of view with regard to our play? Are guys able to hold their own in the tackle, make tackles etc? It looks as if we are able to go a lot further in the games so far fitness wise than previously.

At both games so far.We looked fit today still lacking a bit going forward better at defending.I know today was tough pitch etc but I worry about our ability to kick 15 to 20 points in a game.2 goals today is grand and 5 against kerry but we are limited at long range point kicking this will have to improve but not sure we have the half forwards capable of this.

At both games so far.We looked fit today still lacking a bit going forward better at defending.I know today was tough pitch etc but I worry about our ability to kick 15 to 20 points in a game.2 goals today is grand and 5 against kerry but we are limited at long range point kicking this will have to improve but not sure we have the half forwards capable of this.
Think Corbett and O Mahony will make a difference in the scoring and powter will be able to get a few scores

In terms of fitness it is clear in the two games so far against a second string Kerry and weakened Clare that we have more work done than them both by a long shot. Players look quite fit for this time of the year.

Physically they also look strong but generally the more naturally strong players have been selected thus far. Again, the opposition in both games doesn’t really tell us much but what we do know is that Cleary wants to hit the ground running in the league so the first few games will be very interesting.

Cheers for the updates lads, much appreciated. If we could get out of the traps quick when the league starts, it would give us a good run at promotion hopefully.

In terms of fitness it is clear in the two games so far against a second string Kerry and weakened Clare that we have more work done than them both by a long shot. Players look quite fit for this time of the year.

Physically they also look strong but generally the more naturally strong players have been selected thus far. Again, the opposition in both games doesn’t really tell us much but what we do know is that Cleary wants to hit the ground running in the league so the first few games will be very interesting.
While other counties have the luxury of experimenting, I have to say I’m happier with us going with a strong team as we look towards the league. Being solid defensively will be critical if we want to take points away from Meath, Kildare and Dublin in first 3 rounds. As you say, hitting the ground running is likely the goal and it definitely makes sense in order to avoid being under pressure v Derry at end of the league

Watched the game today on awful stream. Hope COC hasn’t peaked too early in the year because he looks a far superior player to the one we saw last year. A few thoughts on younger players:
It’s going to come down to C Og Jones, COM and Corbett to start - who compliments sherlock and Hurley better?

Can you have afford powter at centre forward with his short bursts and slow tracking back?

For all the furore about Brian hayes I’m not sure where I would start him in current set up. Would much prefer to have Damien Cahalane playing football.

Young Cronin seems to be following path of his brothers of being on the fringes constantly. Saw he didn’t start for UCC either and my club mate told me it was that they hadn’t seen enough of him. Surely worth more time than he’s getting in both teams?

If COM is going to be a starter, and og jones on the bench, where to for Gore?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼