Cork Footballers

I would take no notice of Conor Daly playing U-20 last year as nearly all the 1st choice probable team were unavailable due to injuries. Darragh O'Mahony started U-20 last year and didn't make the minors previously. Last year's team was very much based on who was available rather than the best team taking to the field. If everyone is available this year and Cork are close to their best Daly will have to prove himself and fight for his place with forwards such as Hugh O'Connor, Colin Walsh, Conor Hanlon and Liam O'Connell all likely to be selected in attack. Richard O'Sullivan played in attack last year but could be in defence in 2023 and Ross Corkery is a serious forward only for his injury problems. Like O'Sullivan the Walsh brothers Fergal and Sean are versatile and could be selected in attack as much as defence. So although Daly is a candidate for attack it is not cut and dried he will start. There is no way Aaron Cullinane will start, I don't expect him to start until 2025 unless there's another injury wipe out.

If the production is really 'powering up' in Clon how come the minors are not playing at the top level?
Agreed Cullinane won’t start this year, but will start next year, he should be on the extended panel this year, great prospect.

Daly will start, nailed on, he’s standing out in the PSFC unlike those guys you’ve mentioned. Brilliant forward, he’s flourished under Haulie ONeills tutelage. He’ll replace Brian Hurley in 2 years. We’re lucky to have a ready replacement for Hurley as we’ll miss him when he’s gone.

What more could a club want? Along with a proud record of the being longest serving senior club, of course.

13 whole seasons senior in a row for the mighty blues, not bad😂😂

Dry “em😉
Much as I’m enjoying this. The Barrs have won more County Championships, Munster Championships and All Irelands. A very successful dual club too.

What more could a club want? Along with a proud record of the being longest serving senior club, of course.

13 whole seasons senior in a row for the mighty blues, not bad😂😂

Dry “em😉
Christ, I must have imagined the last 140 years of the Barrs being a senior club 🙄

FoxyTravis you are one Dopey tool 🤣

Christ, I must have imagined the last 140 years of the Barrs being a senior club 🙄

FoxyTravis you are one Dopey tool 🤣
😂😂 Ouch…you’re rattled my man! The relegation thing is still fresh in the memory I see…13 whole seasons in a row isn’t too bad though😉 Almost as good as Carbery Rangers and the mighty Douglas😂😂

Agreed Cullinane won’t start this year, but will start next year, he should be on the extended panel this year, great prospect.

Daly will start, nailed on, he’s standing out in the PSFC unlike those guys you’ve mentioned. Brilliant forward, he’s flourished under Haulie ONeills tutelage. He’ll replace Brian Hurley in 2 years. We’re lucky to have a ready replacement for Hurley as we’ll miss him when he’s gone.

Haulie O'Neill must be a mighty coach, why didn't he take the Cork job instead of Peadar or Ronan and wave his magic wand for Cork? Conor Corbett will replace Brian Hurley at 14, it makes much more sense than a guy who is yet to prove himself in his last year at underage with the county.

It doesn't surprise me you think Aaron Cullinane will start next year although he won't make the panel of 26 this year.

1. Chris Kelly (Éire Óg)
  2. Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
  3. Daniel O’Mahony (Knocknagree)
  4. Tommy Walsh (Kanturk)
  5. Luke Fahy (Ballincollig)
  6. Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
  7. Matty Taylor (Mallow)
  8. Colm O’Callaghan (Éire Óg)
  9. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr’s)
  10. Eoghan Mc Sweeney (Knocknagree)
  11. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
  12. Brian O’Driscoll (Tadhg Mac Carthaigh)
  13. Chris Óg Jones (Iveleary)
  14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven) Captain
  15. Steven Sherlock (St Finbarr’s)
  16. Micheál Aodh Martin (Nemo Rangers)
  17. Paul Ring (Aghabullogue)
  18. Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
  19. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
  20. Rory Maguire (Castlehaven)
  21. Shane Merritt (Mallow)
  22. Killian O’Hanlon (Kilshannig)
  23. Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
  24. Ruairí Deane (Bantry Blues)
  25. Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
  26. Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers
Kilmurry Ilbrickane 1.30pm tomorrow

1. Chris Kelly (Éire Óg)
  2. Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
  3. Daniel O’Mahony (Knocknagree)
  4. Tommy Walsh (Kanturk)
  5. Luke Fahy (Ballincollig)
  6. Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
  7. Matty Taylor (Mallow)
  8. Colm O’Callaghan (Éire Óg)
  9. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr’s)
  10. Eoghan Mc Sweeney (Knocknagree)
  11. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
  12. Brian O’Driscoll (Tadhg Mac Carthaigh)
  13. Chris Óg Jones (Iveleary)
  14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven) Captain
  15. Steven Sherlock (St Finbarr’s)
  16. Micheál Aodh Martin (Nemo Rangers)
  17. Paul Ring (Aghabullogue)
  18. Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
  19. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
  20. Rory Maguire (Castlehaven)
  21. Shane Merritt (Mallow)
  22. Killian O’Hanlon (Kilshannig)
  23. Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
  24. Ruairí Deane (Bantry Blues)
  25. Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
  26. Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers
Not a bad team. Good to see some players rested. Few players obviously should not be in this squad but what can you do

Haulie O'Neill must be a mighty coach, why didn't he take the Cork job instead of Peadar or Ronan and wave his magic wand for Cork? Conor Corbett will replace Brian Hurley at 14, it makes much more sense than a guy who is yet to prove himself in his last year at underage with the county.

It doesn't surprise me you think Aaron Cullinane will start next year although he won't make the panel of 26 this year.
Mighty doesn’t cover the half of it. My understanding is he never wanted to pursue intercounty management, he is an understated but brilliant individual, would be extremely averse to the limelight (unlike his daughter😂).

Corbett is a brilliant talent no doubt, better than Daly, but Daly will be a Cork senior regardless.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼