Cork Footballers

Now that Mark Keanes club hurling journey is over for the moment is there any chance of him switching back to the footballers. I always thought it was a bit ‘out of order’ the way KK signed him up for the hurlers just in case. Surely he has more potential to contribute with the big ball…football shouldn’t be behind like this case shows..
Give us Brian Hayes and ye can have Mark Keane 😀

Now that Mark Keanes club hurling journey is over for the moment is there any chance of him switching back to the footballers. I always thought it was a bit ‘out of order’ the way KK signed him up for the hurlers just in case. Surely he has more potential to contribute with the big ball…football shouldn’t be behind like this case shows..
Shur, there is no chance that it was the players own choice that he wanted play hurling over football, ffs.

Any players back from Injuries? Hopefully 2 weeks and squad will get stronger.
Jack Cahalane I believe has left football panel also and is goin hurling as well once u20 is finshed.

The big worry is if Brian Hayes goes with the football and we go down to division 3 he then the following year he would also more than likely join the hurlers.

We need every1 if the Footballers had say Damien Cahalane,Sean O Donughue,Shane Kigston,Alan Cadagon,Mark Keane,Jack Cahalane,Brian Hayes the hurlers would look alot weaker then and it is the footballers who would have debt in the squad.

The footballers can not afford to lose players if Sheenan,Walsh and Colm O Neil had all gone hurling and never played football we would never have won in 2010 either so the footballers are goin to struggle big time with players choosing hurling.

Jack Cahalane I believe has left football panel also and is goin hurling as well once u20 is finshed.

The big worry is if Brian Hayes goes with the football and we go down to division 3 he then the following year he would also more than likely join the hurlers.

We need every1 if the Footballers had say Damien Cahalane,Sean O Donughue,Shane Kigston,Alan Cadagon,Mark Keane,Jack Cahalane,Brian Hayes the hurlers would look alot weaker then and it is the footballers who would have debt in the squad.

The footballers can not afford to lose players if Sheenan,Walsh and Colm O Neil had all gone hurling and never played football we would never have won in 2010 either so the footballers are goin to struggle big time with players choosing hurling.

Has always been players on the hurlers who could've played with the footballers, not so much the other way around. Diarmuid O'Sullivan, Mick Daly, Tom Kenny, Ronan Curran, John Gardiner, Derek Barrett, Timmy Mc, Joe Deane all could've held their own for the cork senior footballers. Some would've fallen in with the Juniors when the hurling wasn't going well but always seemed to pick the hurling first.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Charlie's, Union Quay

13th Oct 2024 @ 3:30 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼