Cork Footballers

Any players back from Injuries? Hopefully 2 weeks and squad will get stronger.
Jack Cahalane I believe has left football panel also and is goin hurling as well once u20 is finshed.

The big worry is if Brian Hayes goes with the football and we go down to division 3 he then the following year he would also more than likely join the hurlers.

We need every1 if the Footballers had say Damien Cahalane,Sean O Donughue,Shane Kigston,Alan Cadagon,Mark Keane,Jack Cahalane,Brian Hayes the hurlers would look alot weaker then and it is the footballers who would have debt in the squad.

The footballers can not afford to lose players if Sheenan,Walsh and Colm O Neil had all gone hurling and never played football we would never have won in 2010 either so the footballers are goin to struggle big time with players choosing hurling.

Jack Cahalane I believe has left football panel also and is goin hurling as well once u20 is finshed.

The big worry is if Brian Hayes goes with the football and we go down to division 3 he then the following year he would also more than likely join the hurlers.

We need every1 if the Footballers had say Damien Cahalane,Sean O Donughue,Shane Kigston,Alan Cadagon,Mark Keane,Jack Cahalane,Brian Hayes the hurlers would look alot weaker then and it is the footballers who would have debt in the squad.

The footballers can not afford to lose players if Sheenan,Walsh and Colm O Neil had all gone hurling and never played football we would never have won in 2010 either so the footballers are goin to struggle big time with players choosing hurling.

Has always been players on the hurlers who could've played with the footballers, not so much the other way around. Diarmuid O'Sullivan, Mick Daly, Tom Kenny, Ronan Curran, John Gardiner, Derek Barrett, Timmy Mc, Joe Deane all could've held their own for the cork senior footballers. Some would've fallen in with the Juniors when the hurling wasn't going well but always seemed to pick the hurling first.

So to be a "true Cork supporter" you have sit through a football game, even though you dislike it of have no gra for it or don't even enjoy watching it? People how watch hurling only and enjoy, like and have a gra for the game, can't be a "true Cork supporter"?
Does this extend to watching camoige and ladies football as well, seeing as the sages here are dictating who are the "true Cork supporters"?

By the way, the hurling snobbery jibe says more about you, yourself.

Good post.

Hurling and football are completely different sports. People pay good money for a ticket and if they want to leave and go for a few pints, or home, or whatever then that’s entirely their right.

Good post.

Hurling and football are completely different sports. People pay good money for a ticket and if they want to leave and go for a few pints, or home, or whatever then that’s entirely their right.
My grandfather has supported Cork Hurling in every grade and gone to nearly every game as far back as I can remember but he wouldn't cross the road to watch a football match, he just doesn't like the game and never has but according to that dope, Cork1990 and the others, he isn't a "true/genuine Cork supporter". I would love to see him and the rest of the keyboard warriors say it to his face.

Last edited:
Fuck me lads if the CCB only had the Football on before the Hurlers , there would be no issue here. More importantly can we confirm if Cyril ordered in a pint in Longboats coming to halftime in the football.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼