Cork Footballers

Actually you make a good point considering the Munster Council cited capacity reasons for not using PUIR yet the hurling can go ahead in Walsh Park. The CCB should throw it back at them and refuse to go to Walsh park citing the Munster Council's own ruling.
What's the capacity of Walsh pk? I believe Dungarvan is 15k and larger than Walsh pk pre development.

The venue was informed to the Munster council.m originally in December and confirmed and agreed in the first week of February…….it’s clear this is money, I have to laugh btw at any suggestion Killarney is a better venue, toilets with no roof and the match moved as it has no floodlights either. I also don’t believe the sincerity of our county board who according to some kerry hacks agreed to this last week……unfortunately by this all spilling out in public now the senior management are forced into a very difficult position- say no and I don’t think the Munster council will bend, I could be wrong, say yes and you have a serious issue motivating that squad after being so strong for the last few days about flower lodge and it’ll be an awful hiding down there
Fitzgerald Stadium is a filthy kip of a stadium, still operating at 1970's standards. Why anyone wants to go there is beyond me

There's your hint, JF.
Normally Podsy I would take what they said with a pinch of salt but it will depend on the outcome of tonight’s meeting and the support from the ccb. I know that this was being worked on for the last few weeks from Kerry and the Munster council were only delighted with the ‘attendance’ out they cobbled together

At the start i said we might be better off going to killarney this year in the hope that next year the good man above will give us a full and fit squad to select from.
But if management and players want to fight for PUR i am right behind them because if walsh park with a smaller capacity can hold the hurlers game the munster council have no leg to stand on with regards to last nights decision.
Waterford should have no home games until they bring up the capacity of their ground to at least 18k.

Normally Podsy I would take what they said with a pinch of salt but it will depend on the outcome of tonight’s meeting and the support from the ccb. I know that this was being worked on for the last few weeks from Kerry and the Munster council were only delighted with the ‘attendance’ out they cobbled together

I agree that this has most likely been orchestrated by Leen & Co. on behalf of the Animals.

But I'd never take their word over that of Sheehan, O'Donovan et al.

Either way, having read Munster's statement, I can't see this changing now. Another fine bit of work for Cork GAA by Bob Ryan.

I dont see why we should hand any further advantage to Kerry.

Getting hockeyed again in Killarney will be a major kick in the hole for this teams development.

Agreed on the state of the Kerry venue.
Fitzgeralds park would be a better pick than that dump.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation: Open Deck Night

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼